Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Apprentice

@Stef78 wrote:

@zee54

Samsung did not recognize the problem. No official announcement has been made. I would like it to be official to make my life easier with my reseller but it is not the case.

For me it's definitive, I will NEVER buy Samsung products.

What big company makes official announcements? There are many products (not just electronics, cars also) with problems and rarely will a company admit these problems, they do it only in case of possible fatal flaws. Maybe this is also because they are affraid of legal action, especially in the USA.

Voyager
It ws nt recognized, well not publicly atleast, they were still asking people to troubleshoot or visit service centres🤫
Voyager
Bhai it should be around in the next 2 or 3 days..
Apprentice

@ET328 wrote:

@Stef78 wrote:

@zee54

Samsung did not recognize the problem. No official announcement has been made. I would like it to be official to make my life easier with my reseller but it is not the case.

For me it's definitive, I will NEVER buy Samsung products.

What big company makes official announcements? There are many products (not just electronics, cars also) with problems and rarely will a company admit these problems, they do it only in case of possible fatal flaws. Maybe this is also because they are affraid of legal action, especially in the USA.

Exactly... companies never admit to issues like this unless there's a safety risk or health issue. Doing anything else would open them up to court cases and recalls which are seen as a last resort. This applies to pretty much every industry.

The issue is the yearly update cycle and the lack of time to do proper testing as a result, but that's market/consumer/profit driven so not much to be done about that.. capitalism!

If you buy a brand new tech device (whether it be phones, laptops, cars, PC games, or whatever!), you need to accept that some bugs or issues are pretty much unavoidable. They generally WILL get resolved (as has happened here), but that's the price you pay for wanting/having the "latest and greatest first!" If you DON'T want to accept that, wait a few months for the most serious/disruptive bugs to be squashed.

Anyway, it's now been several days for me since the update landed on my phone and I'm happy to report I haven't had a single call issue since and as someone else said, the call quality has increased significantly too

Explorer

I had the latest update this morning in BTU and can confirm it has fixed the issue. Had a phone to my friend who was also on an s9 and we both faced issues before. But since both updating to latest firmware on our s9+ hybrids it's all good again. 

Voyager

I agree it is not possible for them to go public, but when i was told that my issue was an isolated issue and i need to visit the service the service centre and give my phone for assessment, i asked them a question...i asked them if it i wise to send a customer to service centre when you dont have a solution and you know that no amount of diagnostic or replacement would help...there was a long pause..and then i told them that i am willing to wait for a fix, and it was only then when they told me that the issue is being worked on. Is this fair? To make customers roam around for no apparent reason just to cover up things and to show that they are willing to help? Nope, i think it's unfair. Dont make a public announcement but tell the person on the line that the issue is know. Don't wait until the customer looses his mind and ask for refund.

Explorer

Div you've summed it up there mate. It's the patronising and the treating us like fools I can't stand. 

Apprentice

@Div wrote:

I agree it is not possible for them to go public, but when i was told that my issue was an isolated issue and i need to visit the service the service centre and give my phone for assessment, i asked them a question...i asked them if it i wise to send a customer to service centre when you dont have a solution and you know that no amount of diagnostic or replacement would help...there was a long pause..and then i told them that i am willing to wait for a fix, and it was only then when they told me that the issue is being worked on. Is this fair? To make customers roam around for no apparent reason just to cover up things and to show that they are willing to help? Nope, i think it's unfair. Dont make a public announcement but tell the person on the line that the issue is know. Don't wait until the customer looses his mind and ask for refund.

To be honest, the agent you spoke to probably shouldn't have told you that as it is admitting liability/fault on behalf of the company. They generally will KNOW that there's a problem, will be dealing with the annoyed/frustrated customers all day, but their hands are tied by instructions/procedures by those who pay their wages.

In short.. it's not that the guys answering the phone are giving you the run around for fun.. they're not allowed admit there's a known issue in most cases. Unless it's a safety/health risk, these things are almost NEVER admitted to - and that applies whether it's phones, computers, cars or whatever! Doing so exposes the company to legal action and potentially expensive recalls and compensation. As a customer/end user it's not right/fair.. but it IS the way business works I'm afraid!

The problem here is the rapid release cycles that mean there's not always enough time for full testing before a product ships... but that's the result of market/consumer/profit-driven capitalism!

As a result, if you buy a brand new piece of kit on release, you need to accept that it may come with some issues. These will generally be worked out (as it has in this case) but unfortunately that's the price you pay for "must have the latest and greatest first!" I'm afraid. The other choice is to wait a little while until the first updates are released - and again, it applies to pretty much every technology item these days. 

First Poster

thanks bhai.. this gives me a breather :manhappy:

Highlighted
Navigator

I agree that the rapid cycle from announcing the phone to release is part of the problem. Samsung announced the phone and released quicker than they have ever done before.

But that is not a valid reason.

The main function of a phone is to make phone calls. Clue in the name. This is one part of a phone that should be tested and made sure it works.

After the exploding Note fiasco, Samsung above anyone, should be testing their kit  thoroughly. Yes there will always be errors and faults in new Tech. Yes you are at risk buying the first batch. But the basic functions should be tested and working.

Some of us that have stuck with Samsung through the Note issue, me being one, can have no comeback for feeling that we have been let down again.

To err is human.........to try and make it look like it's not an issue and just bad luck for a small number of customers is just bad practice repeating itself!

Top Liked Authors