Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Apprentice

] 

@misty71 wrote:

Just a quick update from Ireland. I made a 25 minute call on my way to work this morning. No drop/gaps but after 23 minutes I got terrible interference on the line. The person on the other end couldn't hear it but I clearly could. Might be just a once off but I wanted to point it out as it's not something I've experienced before. Other than that I'm really happy to report the issue is fixed 😊

I've had that happen as well on my old(er) S7 Edge... it's not related to this issue I'd think.

As an update from my side (Vodafone Ireland), I've made a few more long calls since yesterday (last one was 40 minutes about an hour ago) and happy to report no issues

Explorer
@misty71 Thanks for that!

I returned 3 handsets to Vodafone and got a refund. I just don't have your patience!! But I've been following here daily to see when it got fixed!! I'm thinking I might wait a day or two and get one that has the update already on it and running!! Just can't believe it's taken so long to get a fix!! I got my first one on the 17th of March!

I shall keep following here for updates!! You all have the patience of saints!!!
Navigator

I don't know why you're all panicking ..... it will get sorted eventually and we can put this all behind us ..... I must say it's been a lovely expirence on here chatting with everyone from around the world , it just shows that if we all pull together in times of need there's no need for fighting ....happy days everyone and good luck 

First Poster

I have a problem a with my Phone since yesterday evening. Mostly I cannot make a call straight away (out of service area) and have to try few times. And also when someone is trying to call me have a message "the customer you are calling is not accessible on this moment...". I will contact Vodafone after work and will see what they can do. I dont know right now if it is a network or phone issue. Unfortunately I cannot check different provider because have a phone with SIMlock. I was so happy after the update because is no problem with silence and now... :(

Highlighted
Navigator

@KaiserMCG wrote:

] 

@misty71 wrote:

Just a quick update from Ireland. I made a 25 minute call on my way to work this morning. No drop/gaps but after 23 minutes I got terrible interference on the line. The person on the other end couldn't hear it but I clearly could. Might be just a once off but I wanted to point it out as it's not something I've experienced before. Other than that I'm really happy to report the issue is fixed 😊

I've had that happen as well on my old(er) S7 Edge... it's not related to this issue I'd think.

As an update from my side (Vodafone Ireland), I've made a few more long calls since yesterday (last one was 40 minutes about an hour ago) and happy to report no issues

I think you are 100% correct. Its just something I've not had happen before on either the S6 or S7 Edge. Been using the phone all day though and not a blip. Delighted 😊

Navigator

@Gerkygirl wrote:
@misty71 Thanks for that!

I returned 3 handsets to Vodafone and got a refund. I just don't have your patience!! But I've been following here daily to see when it got fixed!! I'm thinking I might wait a day or two and get one that has the update already on it and running!! Just can't believe it's taken so long to get a fix!! I got my first one on the 17th of March!

I shall keep following here for updates!! You all have the patience of saints!!!

Gerkygirl that was part of my dilemma. I'd sold my S7 Edge so I would've been left with no phone. Didn't want anything else. I'm sure once you get your new one you'll be thrilled. It's such a good phone! 

Voyager

Any more updates?🙄

Explorer

I did not yet get the update. Did anyone in the US get the update?

First Poster

Now completely fed up with my S9 Plus phone going quiet during calls.

Payed good money for my phone that is not fit for purpose and samsung still have not fixed it.

Navigator
First day with the new firmware ARD4: 49 min calls with no drops or silence, often amazing audio quality. In 4 or 5 days i will be able to say if the bug is fixed or not.
(S9+ from Italy)
Top Liked Authors