Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

First Poster
Misty 71. I returned my phone to Vodafone lreland after having two phones with exactly the same issue. Calls going silent and very poor coverage. I would buy it again in a heartbeat if it's sorted. I have had that issue in the past with line interference and it wasn't with the S9.
Explorer

I'm too nervous to get excited!!!

Okay, question, for those of you in Ireland, would you wait a few more days to buy another one or do you think I'm safe enough to buy today?? Thoughts?! Advice!? It truly was a gorgeous phone, I just needed it to really, well, make calls!!

Is it time to get excited yet?!?!? 😂 

Navigator

@Kilsmum wrote:
Misty 71. I returned my phone to Vodafone lreland after having two phones with exactly the same issue. Calls going silent and very poor coverage. I would buy it again in a heartbeat if it's sorted. I have had that issue in the past with line interference and it wasn't with the S9.

Hopefully it was just a once off. The phone is running like a dream since the update. 

Explorer

I'm just curious, but does anyone know why they are doing a delayed roll-out. I'm usually a fountain of patience, but this is edging me to my limits lol. If it helps, I'm in the UK

Navigator

@Gerkygirl wrote:

I'm too nervous to get excited!!!

Okay, question, for those of you in Ireland, would you wait a few more days to buy another one or do you think I'm safe enough to buy today?? Thoughts?! Advice!? It truly was a gorgeous phone, I just needed it to really, well, make calls!!

Is it time to get excited yet?!?!? 😂 

I'd buy straight away. I was having the issue on almost every single call and haven't had it since the update so it appears to be fixed. In saying that, if you want to be really sure just keep checking back here to see how it's going. I absolutely love the phone and even though it was driving me nuts I'm happy now I stuck with it. Keep us posted! 

Explorer

Me too 😡😡

Navigator

@Adnaan wrote:

I'm just curious, but does anyone know why they are doing a delayed roll-out. I'm usually a fountain of patience, but this is edging me to my limits lol. If it helps, I'm in the UK

I might be wrong but I think it's usually done that way. I know in the past my partner usually got any updates on a sim free phone before I got one tied in with Vodafone. 

First Poster

I think l might wait a few days.  After having to return two handsets to Vodafone l want to be sure this time the fault is resolved. 

I have the opportunity to get an unlocked S9 in the USA.  I'm just wondering am l taking a huge risk if the handset develops any problems and l wonder would Vodafone (I'm not sure if the other networks accept trade in phones) take an American phone as a trade if l wanted to upgrade in the future.  First world problems eh??!! 

Apprentice

I received the update 30th of April. S9, NEE variant, located in Finland.  Version strings: ARD4/ARCA/ARD6, size 112.71 M.

Even before the update I haven't had much trouble, maybe just one silence and one call drop. And one time my phone was not ringing (for the caller or me) when someone tried to call me.

Highlighted
Apprentice

There is no update yet in Malaysia market. Still using ARD1, and just now it happened that 2 call drops for call within 10 minutes.

Eagerly waiting for the ARD4 arrive in Malaysia market. 

Top Liked Authors