Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Explorer

It's funny that it's a lot worst when I'm in work (less signal perhaps). When I'm outdoors, I can make some calls with  no issue.  

At work it's really terrible.

Voyager

@misty71 wrote:

Lee the follow up to that was "we have been advised that this software update is intended to resolve such issues."

Except it didn't. 

Good grief 😟

Apprentice
Well I've made one call since the update and guess what, the sound fade problem is still occurring. Come on Samsung, get it fixed!! I flatly refuse to believe that this is a "network environment" issue which is what the shop tried to tell me when far too many people across the globe are reporting the same fault. I got the phone on the release date (March 9th) and had no problems until some time in April when I ran a software update. That is when I started getting call dropping/sound fading issues. This is not a network issue. Virgin will always admit when there is a network problem as they are honest about problems they are having. Sort it out. I am stuck with this phone now because Samsung shop refuse to acknowledge a problem so unless mainstream news get hold of this so I have something to throw at them that they can't ignore then I have no idea what to do.
Voyager

@Funkyfrog56 wrote:
Well I've made one call since the update and guess what, the sound fade problem is still occurring. Come on Samsung, get it fixed!! I flatly refuse to believe that this is a "network environment" issue which is what the shop tried to tell me when far too many people across the globe are reporting the same fault. I got the phone on the release date (March 9th) and had no problems until some time in April when I ran a software update. That is when I started getting call dropping/sound fading issues. This is not a network issue. Virgin will always admit when there is a network problem as they are honest about problems they are having. Sort it out. I am stuck with this phone now because Samsung shop refuse to acknowledge a problem so unless mainstream news get hold of this so I have something to throw at them that they can't ignore then I have no idea what to do.

Oh it’s definitely going to get bigger soon. All we need is teenagers to stop Snapchatting and actually make a phone call and it’ll be all over the news

dont forget to like and comment on my videos so I can try and get some conversation going

social media is massive so tweet about it, post on tech gurus YouTube videos that are reviewing the S9/+ Facebook share my videos and ask your friends if they have the problem. Place a message on the Android news article page 

go beyond this forum to spread the word to get Samsung to respond

Voyager
Becuase the s9 is compatible with some networks.
Highlighted
Apprentice

I sold my S9 already so I no longer have a dog in this fight but has anyone considered that it could really be a network issue?

Perhaps the receivers on the S9s aren't as good. They're not faulty but maybe just not as good hence the "network issues". But that wouldn't explain why the majority aren't experiencing the same problem. 

Apprentice

In which case it's a very poor quality phone and Samsung should be ashamed of themselves for making such a shoddy phone as to produce a phone where so many networks fail on it is despicable.  Besides my problems only occurred since the software update in April.

Voyager

@Div wrote:
Becuase the s9 is compatible with some networks.

I don't think it's compatible with any in the UK but it's not kicking off over here

Because UK teenagers don't need to make a call to tell their girlfriend/boyfriends it's over like we used to

They simply have to text

"urdmpd" haha!

Too easy

Apprentice
I'm in the UK and I know at least 5 people who are having problems with their phones and we're on various different networks
Explorer

This problem is worldwide and the chips and components they use for receivers and mics etc are usually all generic....they only use different components for the camera etc...

Hardly had the problem last week. But today it's happened on 5 calls all in different locations... Samsung know of issue but are just burying their head In the sand...

Top Liked Authors