Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Apprentice

I've had this update this morning too but if you actually click on the link it provides it then says it's improved "Call Stability".  I've updated but not needed to make any calls yet.  So fingers crossed it's fixed.  I took my phone into my local Samsung Shop and they were adamant that it was "network environment".  My colleague brought hers too and even when they performed tests on both phones and the error occurred on both phones, they said there was nothing wrong with phones.  We tried to tell them about the pages and pages of faults reported online across the globe and how Samsung Tech had actually acknowledged the fault in some places but guess what, they remained oblivious!  Samsung Shops are the worst!  Their customer service is shocking!

Voyager

Users who received messages from samsung on Facebook aadmitting the issue...can you please share a screenshot for the rest of the people who are still being told that the phone has no issues

Voyager

Charles i met someone randomly on the road with an s9 plus on Vodafone and i asked if she has faced any call issues so far..her response was a clear NO

Navigator
Div, have you tried a Vodafone SIM or Telstra SIM in Australia yet? I am sure that a Lycamobile SIM won't be compatible with your current S9 - it's the same substandard network that Telstra rent to Aldimobile and that is definitely incompatible. Most Telstra and Vodafone networks in Australia seem to be S9 compatible (other than one guy who was travelling around in northern NSW)... and obviously this is just a workaround until Samsung get their act into gear!
Voyager
Thanks for the response DinyM, i m really new to the place..in the worst case i will try a telstra sim and switch to it if needed.
Navigator

@Div wrote:

Users who received messages from samsung on Facebook aadmitting the issue...can you please share a screenshot for the rest of the people who are still being told that the phone has no issues

20180429_144643.jpg

Voyager
Thanks misty..🍻
Highlighted
Voyager

@Div wrote:

Charles i met someone randomly on the road with an s9 plus on Vodafone and i asked if she has faced any call issues so far..her response was a clear NO

I have no doubt you did because I've asked all the big youtubers who review this phone why they don't mention the problem and they all say they don't have it!

I just cannot understand how there is anyone with this phone that doesn't have the problem? 

I'm waiting for phone number 4 to arrive some are on 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 

Funky frog above took 2 phones into Samsung shop that both went silent on test in the shop and the shop staff said there's nothing wrong with them

What the fork?

Voyager

@misty71 wrote:

@Div wrote:

20180429_144643.jpg

Yeah but that says "network issues"

Yeah Samsung that'd be more or less every network on the planet!

It's like the person whose every problem is the fault of somebody else!

Hey Samsung maybe the problem is YOU!

Navigator

Lee the follow up to that was "we have been advised that this software update is intended to resolve such issues."

Except it didn't. 

Top Liked Authors