Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Explorer

Even though I gave up and took a refund after three failed handsets (Vodafone  network, Ireland)  I've still been following this with great interest.

I am even more disgusted for you all that it STILL hasn't been resolved. 

I'm absolutely speechless that this hasn't been picked up by the major tech press!? How is that even possible? I too have been continuing to tweet about it and it's getting me no where. I spoke to a girl in the 3 network here in Ireland and asked how many S9/S9+ handsets she'd had returned and she said none?! She was totally unaware that there was an issue???

I'm starting to think I imagined the issue but then I see all these comments from all over the globe and I remember I am NOT going insane!!

It's gone beyond a joke now and even though I was thinking to myself, when the issue gets sorted, I'll try again with the S9+. But. You know what?! I'm not so sure I will.

I'm disgusted, appalled, disappointed and down right angry with Samsung's blatant disregard for its customers by not even having the decency to put their hand up and say, we have an issue, we know there's an issue AND we're working to sort it as quickly as we can.

Their silence speaks volumes as to what they think of their consumer. 

Voyager

@Hanks1878 wrote:

Everyone talking about exchanging the Samsung S9 for something else but what phone out there is good enough to compare with the S9

If they fix the problem I dont think there’s anything tbh

but Id have my S8+ back in a hearbeat so wish I hadnt sent it back when I recieved my first replacement I loved that phone. Im even thinking of buying a refurbished or nearly new one off ebay to get me through this year until the S10 comes out.

Im really hoping phone number 4 works when it arrives

Voyager

@Gerkygirl wrote:

Even though I gave up and took a refund after three failed handsets (Vodafone  network, Ireland)  I've still been following this with great interest.

I am even more disgusted for you all that it STILL hasn't been resolved. 

I'm absolutely speechless that this hasn't been picked up by the major tech press!? How is that even possible? I too have been continuing to tweet about it and it's getting me no where. I spoke to a girl in the 3 network here in Ireland and asked how many S9/S9+ handsets she'd had returned and she said none?! She was totally unaware that there was an issue???

I find that almost impossible to believe tbh how can they not have returned one?

Ive been commenting on the BIG youtubers reviews asking why they dont mention it? And they all say they dont have the problem! 

It just makes no sense how anyone can not have the problem. Only thing I can think of is all these teenagers they just snapchat, facebook, text etc probably never make a phone call to know there is any problem!

Explorer
Navigator

Update from http://piunikaweb.com/2018/04/13/samsung-confirms-galaxy-s9-call-dropmute-issues-fix-coming-soon/

Update (April 28):

The promised fix may come any day now.

Got next call with Samsung help center , the consultant promissed that the fix is just days ahead (end of april begin of may as the last consultant told me) and will fix this software problem for sure and it wont be any recall as with note 7 [booom]

Navigator

As at 29th April 2018

- Added to the list of S9s with "Silences during calls": Iran (MCI Telecom)

- Added to list of NO ISSUES with calls: Morocco (Orange)

- Added link to Article "Galaxy S9 Plus Call Drop Issue Seems To Be Global"

- Added link to French Petition.

Please post your country and service provider so I can update the appropriate list if you are (or are not) having the same problem with your new S9 or S9+.

UPDATED LIST IS HERE: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9-S9/S9-speaker-phone-cutting-out-on-call/m-p/496281/hig...

First Poster

Hi, I've had this problem and been fairly tortured with it due to also using the phone for work. To add to to the issue the Samsung store in my city, Newcastle, has conveniently had to send away their RF (Radio Frequency) machine used to test hardware and been missing now for weeks. A software update has been released this morning to me but is badged as improving security - no mention of call stability - but maybe they want to keep it on the downlow. Haven't tested it yet.Screenshot_20180429-083420_Software update.jpg

Highlighted
Apprentice

Same thing for both me and my partner, we both have S9+ but she has the dual sim version, but seems both out phones do this, during a call if youre on loudspeaker or by your ear, the call cuts out for about 5-10 seconds and then comes back, this is not a network issue as it cant possibly be happening on every single network out there!!

I did get a software update that was supposed to fix this, but it did nothing!

Come on Samsung, ive been a loyal customer of yours for a decade! Fix this issue!

Apprentice

Me and my partner both have the new Galaxy S9+ but she has the dual sim version, but seems both out phones do this, during a call if youre on loudspeaker or by your ear, the call cuts out for about 5-10 seconds and then comes back, this is not a network issue as it cant possibly be happening on every single network out there!!

Also these same phone sims were used in our Galaxy S8+ phones and they worked fine!

Come on Samsung, ive been a loyal customer of yours for a decade! Fix this issue!

Voyager

@Fieldie99 wrote:

Same thing for both me and my partner, we both have S9+ but she has the dual sim version, but seems both out phones do this, during a call if youre on loudspeaker or by your ear, the call cuts out for about 5-10 seconds and then comes back, this is not a network issue as it cant possibly be happening on every single network out there!!

I know I keep saying it but it's posts like yours that makes me once again find it hard to believe that anyone doesn't have the problem?

How can it be possible when it's reported on just about every network, it affects hybrid or single sim, many have had 2, 3  or many replacement phones (I'm waiting on number 4) and its happened on the first 3 100% for me, doesn't matter if it's snapdragon or exynos 

How can anyone not be having this problem? I just don't get it

I'd love to be telling you all that phone number 4 works perfectly when it arrives but I'm not confident I'm afraid to say

Top Liked Authors