Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Observer

I'm on Vodafone Ireland and raised an official complaint and I have been released from my contract and posting the phone back to them. 

I have a S9+, my calls fade out, drop and when I go from 4G to 3G,  the call quality is abysmal and the line breaks up. I feel so let down by Samsung,  I have been using the Galaxy S devices since the first Galaxy S seven years ago but never again. 

I'm either getting the P20 Pro or Iphone8+ as I need a phone for work emails etc.

Navigator

@Hanks1878 wrote:

Everyone talking about exchanging the Samsung S9 for something else but what phone out there is good enough to compare with the S9

Right now I'd be happy with a phone that was capable of making a call

SAMSUNG.......SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Navigator

@Sundaytwist wrote:

I'm on Vodafone Ireland and raised an official complaint and I have been released from my contract and posting the phone back to them. 

I have a S9+, my calls fade out, drop and when I go from 4G to 3G,  the call quality is abysmal and the line breaks up. I feel so let down by Samsung,  I have been using the Galaxy S devices since the first Galaxy S seven years ago but never again. 

I'm either getting the P20 Pro or Iphone8+ as I need a phone for work emails etc.

Interesting. I'm also with them and was hoping this issue would get sorted but I'm not holding out much hope. How did you manage to get released from the contract? They are insisting I send the phone away to be assessed but I'd rather just have a refund now and go back to using my S6 (with cracked screen!)

Observer
I called, raised an official ticket, nothing happened with it for close to a month, and then raised a complaint ticket via this procedure: https://complaints.vodafone.ie/
Navigator

@Sundaytwist wrote:
I called, raised an official ticket, nothing happened with it for close to a month, and then raised a complaint ticket via this procedure: https://complaints.vodafone.ie/

Cheers for that. I'll get started on it.

Explorer

Everyone is talking about exchanging the Samsung S9 for something else but what phone out there is as good as the S9?

Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Excellent, well at least someone reads what we say.  After Androidheadlines said there was only a dozen users I wrote to their management with links to this forum and deatisl of the extent of the problem and fair play to them, it looks like they acted and read our comments.  We just need the rest of the media to pick it up now.  Samsung, what did you think of this article, get ready for the share price to dive when others pick it up and it will be nothing less than you deserve having treated us loyal customers so badly!!!

Apprentice

I’m on my second phone in the last month. The replacement was ok for about a week but every call I have made today has dropped the sound several times. 

I phoned Samsung customer support in the UK and they are aware of the issue and are quite certain it is a software problem .

He asked me all my phone info, inc imei, serial numbers, software version, network  etc as he said they were trying to compile a list of faulty phones to try and discover a common factor between the faulty and non faulty ones to enable a fix to be sorted out.

Hoplefully this will be sooner rather than later as is ruining what otherwise is an excellent phone.

Navigator

I would like Samsung to contact me and work through me to provide a version of the S9 with fixed hardware to test in each region. 

Apart from gathering the list of all countries and providers reporting this problem, I have compiled a list of:

1) the first S9 user in each region having the "silence on calls"  issues on their S9.

2) the most active complainants on all forums who are also very unhappy Samsung fans and are having this problem.

Samsung, please let the people who have brought this problem to attention help solve it!

Top Liked Authors