Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Apprentice

@djleecharles wrote:

@alesmira82 wrote:

@zee54 wrote:

Out of curiosity, how many here use a case on their phone? Wondering if that may play a part. I do feel as though my signal strength is a little weaker on my S9+ than it was on my previous device. Will need to pull the old one out and test it. But was thinking is it because I use a case on my S9+ and I didn't on my last phone.

I tried with or without it, no difference.

Wait...wait...hold up...take a deep breath and listen to yourselves guys!!

we have purchased a 

we are trying “turn of LTE just go 2g/3g”...”stand still dont move”...”dont put your pinky finger over the speaker”...”turn off wifi and bluetooth” ...”try rebooting”...”clean the sim”...”maybe its the network it needs volte”...and now “does it work better without a phone case”!!!

For F.S. its a flagship phone!!!!

its absolutely f@(&ing kr@p!!!

This is the most accurate comment I have read. This is beyond a joke and we the customer are left holding the can, hoping, wishing and praying someone will listen or act.

Just come out and admit the problem Samsung and give us all some security you will stand behind your product. That is all I ask and I will give you some slack

At the moment any goodwill Samsung had with me is we as ring extremely thin

Voyager

wrote:

Mines going back to Argos after work and hopefully they'll refund me. If not I've no idea what I'm going to do as it's unusable as a phone.

Tell you what Im looking at and thinking whilst I wait for phone number 4! Im thinking if phone number 4 drops out and Im pretty sure it will. Motorola launch the Moto G6 on the 9th May its £239 for the 4gb ram and 64gb memory exclusive on Amazon. I think I could live with that for a year and then go for the S10+ next year 

Explorer

@djleecharles wrote:

wrote:

Mines going back to Argos after work and hopefully they'll refund me. If not I've no idea what I'm going to do as it's unusable as a phone.

Tell you what Im looking at and thinking whilst I wait for phone number 4! Im thinking if phone number 4 drops out and Im pretty sure it will. Motorola launch the Moto G6 on the 9th May its £239 for the 4gb ram and 64gb memory exclusive on Amazon. I think I could live with that for a year and then go for the S10+ next year 

I'll have a look at that later. I was hoping to keep the S9 for 2 years! I can either buy a budget phone and wait a year for the next Samsung or invest in that P20 Pro and keep that for 2 years. If I go down the P20 route it will be unlikely that I'll return to Samsung after this experience. I've been a Samsung customer from the S2 days! As other posters have said all I want is a guarantee from Samsung that my phone can and will be fixed but they won't do that. They can't just keep replacing handsets like they are doing. At some point someone at Samsung will notice there's a massive issue regarding returns/exchanges and refunds. It's a huge inconvenience to swap out phones for us customers too!! I really regrets selling my S8 and wish I'd kept hold of it.

Explorer
Guess that's the old update which is still rolling out, and just landed on your unit. Thanks for sharing the info though
Explorer
Oops ... That's sad
Explorer

@alesmira82 wrote:

@zee54 wrote:

Out of curiosity, how many here use a case on their phone? Wondering if that may play a part. I do feel as though my signal strength is a little weaker on my S9+ than it was on my previous device. Will need to pull the old one out and test it. But was thinking is it because I use a case on my S9+ and I didn't on my last phone.

I tried with or without it, no difference.

Well I guess that settles that then lol.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Well, so I finally managed to solved my S9 problems! Follow the steps below for a 100% guarantee fix.

1) Sell S9 for a loss of almost 30% even though you only had the bloody thing for a little more than a month

2) Take money and buy Huawei P20 Pro

3) Make uninterrupted call for first time in a month (seems like the reps claims that it's network issues is complete bunk)

But seriously guys, the P20 imo is a good contender for the S9. Speed, quality, camera are all comparable or better. Only thing I prefer on the S9 is the UI which tbh is smoother and easier to use than the P20 Pro, but that could be because I've been with Samsung since the S4. And after a couple of hours of usage, I've more or less gotten use to it already.

Do consider dumping that sorry excuse of a "phone" and saving yourself the grief. 

Pathfinder

1) no sd card slot, 2)no headphone jack 3) notch and fingerprint scan on the front - no symetry 4) USER UI 5)do you know what chinese (huawei) corporation does with your all data? Could they sell it for China gov for example? Id be better giving my data to US Gov not to Chinese...

Sorry, will wait for the patch instead...nothing compared to S9 in Android right now sorry (maybe Note8 but Stereo Speakers, dual apper..)

Explorer

@Jp82 wrote:

Well, so I finally managed to solved my S9 problems! Follow the steps below for a 100% guarantee fix.

1) Sell S9 for a loss of almost 30% even though you only had the bloody thing for a little more than a month

2) Take money and buy Huawei P20 Pro

3) Make uninterrupted call for first time in a month (seems like the reps claims that it's network issues is complete bunk)

But seriously guys, the P20 imo is a good contender for the S9. Speed, quality, camera are all comparable or better. Only thing I prefer on the S9 is the UI which tbh is smoother and easier to use than the P20 Pro, but that could be because I've been with Samsung since the S4. And after a couple of hours of usage, I've more or less gotten use to it already.

Do consider dumping that sorry excuse of a "phone" and saving yourself the grief. 

So the P20 Pro is good? You'd recommend it? I'm shorty going to Argos to ask for a refund for my 2 week old S9+ as in my opinion it's faulty and not fit for purpose. Hopefully they'll give me my money back! I'll then go look at the P20 Pro at Carphone Warehouse. What is the size difference like? Does it feel as fast as the S9? Thanks.

Apprentice

@soullesstrance wrote:

1) no sd card slot, 2)no headphone jack 3) notch and fingerprint scan on the front - no symetry 4) USER UI 5)do you know what chinese (huawei) corporation does with your all data? Could they sell it for China gov for example? Id be better giving my data to US Gov not to Chinese...

Sorry, will wait for the patch instead...nothing compared to S9 in Android right now sorry (maybe Note8 but Stereo Speakers, dual apper..)

Well. It fits my daily usage.

1) I have 2 sim cards so moot point for me

2) Meh.... not a dealbreaker

3) Notch can be hidden. Yea... the front fingerprint scanner is a little out of place but got used to it pretty fast tho

4) Agreed

5) No idea. Don't really care. Not a politician nor a big shot. Don't think China or the US will bother with me.

Just has the a couple of things that beats Samsung tho.

1) Leica Camera. 3 > 2

2) Bigger Battery

3) Cheaper

4) Can make calls

I do agree that Samsung edges out Huawei ever so slightly but I dont think this problem will be fixed anytime soon. Its not a very visible problem (think exploding phones) and apparently not everyone is affected. At least not a critical amount to matter. Will it be fixed eventually? Probably but don't hold your breath. 1 month on and zero feedback from Samsung. What does that say to you? Does'nt really sound like we are high up on their priority list does it?

Top Liked Authors