Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

First Poster

The new update is not talking about any improvements in calls. However, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

Apprentice

@Urvesh wrote:

The new update is not talking about any improvements in calls. However, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

This is only to update the Android security. Ive got the same update. It is NOT a fix as I'm still experiencing the same problem  

Apprentice

Updated yesterday. 3 calls gone silent . Bulgaria Mtel(A1)

Explorer

First call 15 minutes with no drop out! Fantastic!!

Second call 10 second drop out!  

Getting Angry Now!

Highlighted
Apprentice

Thank God! I sold it , and now I got the iphone X .. no problems at all thank God.. but I lost around 300$ 🙁 

never again samsung .. I hope nokia will have a great flagship soon , otherwise, I’ll bear it with iOS restrictions. 

Explorer

Out of curiosity, how many here use a case on their phone? Wondering if that may play a part. I do feel as though my signal strength is a little weaker on my S9+ than it was on my previous device. Will need to pull the old one out and test it. But was thinking is it because I use a case on my S9+ and I didn't on my last phone.

Voyager

@zee54 wrote:

Out of curiosity, how many here use a case on their phone? Wondering if that may play a part. I do feel as though my signal strength is a little weaker on my S9+ than it was on my previous device. Will need to pull the old one out and test it. But was thinking is it because I use a case on my S9+ and I didn't on my last phone.

I tried with or without it, no difference.

Explorer

@alesmira82 wrote:

@zee54 wrote:

Same, I tried with and without, no difference. I tried 2 SIMS. I tried 3 phones including one single SIM S9+ and 2 dual SIM S9's. I tried with no apps intsalled. I tried with mobile data on and off. I tried mono audio. I tired rebooting, wiping, updating. I tried a wired headset and a Bluetooh headset. I tried using 2G only. I tired just about everything I could think off to make the calls stable but everything failed.

The issue is completly random. I can be sat in the car on Bluetooth parked up having a conversation and it still goes silent. It even goes silent while the phone is calling someone before they have even answered the call.

Mines going back to Argos after work and hopefully they'll refund me. If not I've no idea what I'm going to do as it's unusable as a phone.

Voyager

@alesmira82 wrote:

@zee54 wrote:

Wait...wait...hold up...take a deep breath and listen to yourselves guys!!

we have purchased a flagship top of the range phone from probably the biggest mobile phone manufacturers there is

this thing should make phone calls because its primary function is to make phone calls everything else is bells and whistles

we should not be scratting around like this

we are trying “turn of LTE just go 2g/3g”...”stand still dont move”...”dont put your pinky finger over the speaker”...”turn off wifi and bluetooth” ...”try rebooting”...”clean the sim”...”maybe its the network it needs volte”...and now “does it work better without a phone case”!!!

For F.S. its a flagship phone!!!!

its absolutely f@(&ing kr@p!!!

Voyager

@AlanGalaxy wrote:

@alesmira82 wrote:

@zee54 wrote:

Same, I tried with and without, no difference. I tried 2 SIMS. I tried 3 phones including one single SIM S9+ and 2 dual SIM S9's. I tried with no apps intsalled. I tried with mobile data on and off. I tried mono audio. I tired rebooting, wiping, updating. I tried a wired headset and a Bluetooh headset. I tried using 2G only. I tired just about everything I could think off to make the calls stable but everything failed.

The issue is completly random. I can be sat in the car on Bluetooth parked up having a conversation and it still goes silent. It even goes silent while the phone is calling someone before they have even answered the call.

Mines going back to Argos after work and hopefully they'll refund me. If not I've no idea what I'm going to do as it's unusable as a phone.

Wow! We are on the same page LOL

Top Liked Authors