Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Voyager

@Yusufvali wrote:

Mine is direct from Samsung and they are being funny about giving a refund. Have now esculated the case using trading standards... Let's see what happens 

Yes I really hope you let us know how that pans out

Navigator

As at 28th April 2018 - Added Bulgaria MTel/A1); Croatia (Tomato, T-Mobile); Hungary (Vodafone); Qatar (Ooredoo); Turkey (Turkcell); UK (H3G)  to the list. 

Please post your country and service provider so I can update the appropriate list if you are (or are not) having the same problem with your new S9. 

Summary of countries and providers with issue as posted on forums
SAMSUNG EUROPE FORUM:https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9-S9/S9-speaker-phone-cutting-out-on-call/m-p/496281#M15...

Navigator

After 2 x replacement S9's, I tested then changed to a TELSTRA SIM in Perth, Australia and this has FIXED my day to day "silence on calls" issue for this area.

Has anyone else found that an alternate Service Provider's SIM works fine for their area like I have?

I can replicate the issue immediately by changing back to the previous provider's SIM (also on the TELSTRA 4G network but a capped and limited version - mobile virtual network operator (MVNO)). I would also bet that I could replicate the issue with my new TELSTRA SIM if I moved into an area in Australia that had a different Telstra network set-up. I believe its a compatibility issue between the S9 and the specific network capability and is dependent on the network equipment and software implemented in that specific area. 

If anyone else finds an area where their phone works fine with a different provider's SIM then that would be interesting to know.

First Poster

Same reported in Ooredoo Qatar 

Explorer

Morning all,

I was told by Samsung TS that an update for this problem was days and not weeks away. 

I've just had a Software Update from Samsung and installed it.  Only time will tell if this is that fix.  

Here's hoping.

Explorer

Which update have you received, as Samsung has already pushed 2 of them which failed to fix the matter ? Mind sharing the details of the update you are referring to?

Explorer

How do I post a screenshot pls?

Highlighted
Explorer

reply.PNG

That's the option in the Reply section

First Poster

Screenshot_20180427-112247_Software update.jpg

Explorer

Screenshot_20180427-064649_Settings.jpg

Top Liked Authors