Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Apprentice

I was doing a few tests and this is what O discovered. The problem was replicated 100% of the time when I tried this.

When on speaker mode, have the caller and receiver both talk at the same time. The sound will then start to cut in and out during the call. I tested about 5 times. All 5 times it occurs.

Perhaps it is how the S9 is reducing background noises? Can anyone else confirm it's the same way for them?

Voyager

@Jp82 wrote:

I was doing a few tests and this is what O discovered. The problem was replicated 100% of the time when I tried this.

When on speaker mode, have the caller and receiver both talk at the same time. The sound will then start to cut in and out during the call. I tested about 5 times. All 5 times it occurs.

Perhaps it is how the S9 is reducing background noises? Can anyone else confirm it's the same way for them?

Interesting soon as I get my 4th phone (they say 2 weeks) I will test it

in the mean time Ive just done an update video on sending for a 3rd replacement phone exchange

Waiting now for my 4th phone it better work this time

Apprentice

@Jp82 wrote:

I tested it today and could not reproduce the silence problem the way you did.

I also tested my Telenor SIM card. My main number is at Telekom, today I had lots of calls, at the first few ones on Telekom there was no problem. Tried to test Telenor as well, and I was unable to get the silence problem. Then about the 5th call on Telekom bump, the problem arose again. It's just simply random for me. I also asked fellow Hungarians and one of them confirmed that Telenor Hungary also has this problem on S9+

I will keep testing it, and crazy thing is that it doesn't occur at every phone call, just sometimes it does, sometime it doesn't. What if I send it back for replacement and it comes back with 'everything is okay, the reported problem doesn't come up' (at their 1 or 2 test calls).

Voyager

@Jp82 wrote:

Well the problem happens 100% of times also without speaker mode but normal mode. Anyway I also thought about the reducing background noise system. I hope a SW patch can solve whatever it is.

Explorer

I have the same issue.

S9 Plus Exynos in Portugal (Vodafone).

Highlighted
Explorer

Such a bad situation, I really hope that Samsung will fix it. I contacted Samsung support once again (talking to them like every day). And I think the guy at the support got a bit tired of me, and once again he said that it will take weeks for a solution - "As I told you yesterday" was his reply. But he said that it was written that as soon they would know something more they would personally contact me. So I will update you as well if I get more information from the support.

I still have a possibility to return the phone, so this is what I will do tomorrow. I (and of course all of you) have put such much energy into it, and I'm so tired right now, it feels like the story about Don Quixote and the windmills. But I will still follow this conversation and write to the support (almost daily). Hopefully, we will see a solution, and I will happily order s9+ again because I think it's a great phone.. except the terrible calls.

May the force be with you!

Explorer
I'm also returning my S9+ tomorrow. Had enough now. They've had plenty of time to push a software update out or even just accept they have a problem. So sad to return it but what can you do!.

I'll also keep checking back on here from time to time and may purchase the phone again if a fix comes available.

I also spoke to support one last time today. Useless is not the word! They know full well they have an issue but will not directly admit it. They'll try all usual ***** (change sim, take to a Samsung shop for diagnostics) absolute joke. This was my 3rd handset.
Voyager

Try to activate Mono Audio in menu Accessibility > Hearing.

Let's try this. For now 1 call with good quality and no silence or drop. Wi-Fi OFF. let's try this too...

Explorer
I've just enabled it. I'll make some calls later and report back. Only issue is this silence bug seems to be random.
First Poster

hi. i am from india and i recieved the April Security patch update today. 61 mb. 

Top Liked Authors