Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Voyager
Sorry to hear that. As for me the customer service is accepting that the company is working on a fix. The issue is pretty widespread in some countries. Let's just hope for the best
Explorer

A free Dex Pad might make me happy again... hint, hint, wink, wink Samsung.

Voyager

I was on to tech support this morning and the guy was like "all I can do is advise you to take it to a repair centre to be fixed"

And I said but you guys must know there's nothing needs fixing it's such a big problem on the Internet the forums are going crazy over this call drop out problem!

And again he said

"Like I said all I can do is advise you to take the phone to a repair centre"

To me it felt like he was trying to say he was not allowed to advise anything else?

Highlighted
Explorer

I got a call from samsung today UK the girl told me it's a software problem SEEMINGLY.. That she will keep me updated as they're waiting to hear back from head office .. I'm on my 4th handset and ready for the funny farm it's beyond a joke

Voyager

I think I'll be joining you at that farm

Explorer

Okay so here is my update as I promised: 

The update made a difference (for all new read page 52-54). I have made several calls and haven't got any drop. 

BUT I have noticed some other problems, my calls can cancel at the beginning (like if someone hangs up the call) of the call and my connection drops from 4G to H+ directly when I'm on the call. And as soon as I hang up it jumps from H+ to 4G again.  

Pathfinder
Ok so no drops? The h+ from lte switching when in call is normal when you have no volte
Explorer

Haven't got any since the update. But, I have had like 5 calls today and three of them was canceled at the beginning... which it hasn't done before. And I wonder could it be the update?

Hmm okay. I know that LTE is kinda 4G? But in the settings I haven't LTE activated, I can't even press on it. Probably because my mobile carrier doesn't support it (or is there another reason?). But knowing the fact it's still normal. Right?

Pathfinder
"VoLTE stands for voice over LTE and it’s more or less exactly what it says on the tin. It's voice calls over a 4G LTE network, rather than the 2G or 3G connections which are usually used." so in a nutshell it uses LTE for voice calls too and the phone does not switch to 2g/3g when calling which is normal without VoLTE (my network provider does not support the VoLTE. Could you go to Settings -> Connections -> SIM Card Manager and make a screenshot what do you have there?
Explorer

20180425_210550.jpg

here it is  

Top Liked Authors