Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Voyager

Yep I'm almost coming to the same decision

I've just packaged and returned phone 3 for an exchange that they say will take approx 2 weeks. I'm using my old S4 for now it will get me through even if it is a bit dodgy.

I will try this replacement and if it drops out 1 time and I mean 1 time ONLY I will cancel and return it

I don't really want to go back to iPhone the last one I had was the 4s which is when I changed to the S4

I cannot believe when they are giving me a 3rd replacement over the same issue and even if I was the only customer in the world that had 3 phones with exactly the same problem!

Surely ALARM bells would be ringing somewhere???

What do they do with the ones we send back? Do they sell them? Repackage them as new? (because there's no fault with them other than call drops)

God knows how many phones they are replacing worldwide because the calls drop out??

HOW ON EARTH CAN THEY KEEP SAYING THEY DON'T KNOW ABOUT ANY ISSUES???

It makes no sense????

First Poster

It makes sense if they know there is a recall coming soon! The last thing they want after the Note 7 disaster is another product recall. If it was just software they would have fixed it already, it's not the first time Samsung have made a phone.

Voyager
Don't bear for the loss.. wait if possible...they have to do something about this...they just can't get away with it.
Voyager

@Div wrote:
Don't bear for the loss.. wait if possible...they have to do something about this...they just can't get away with it.

I also think so. I agree with you, it is too big, we must get a partial refund, excuses and the patch to solve it asap.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Get the Huawei P20. Looks promising

Apprentice

@Div wrote:

Unfortunately I use it for work purposes.....  Have to just take the hit and move on. Samsung.... Never again

Voyager
I put my sim in my old iphone for 2 weeks. Trust me you will regret later if the fix rolls out at a later stage
Apprentice

@Div wrote:
I put my sim in my old iphone for 2 weeks. Trust me you will regret later if the fix rolls out at a later stage

I hope for your sake that a fix will roll out but don't hold your breath.

1) There has been NO official acknowledgement of the issue

2) We don't even know if the problem is hardware or software

Quite frankly, I'm doing this out of spite at this point. I know my money is'nt going to hurt them in the slightest but sick and tired of Samsung telling me there's no problem when there clearly is one. 

Voyager

@alesmira82 wrote:

@Div wrote:

I also think so. I agree with you, it is too big, we must get a partial refund, excuses and the patch to solve it asap.

It seems big on here, in these forums. From here from what we are reading it seems like 100% are having the problem but if that was the case surely it would be hitting big news corps, Apple etc etc by now.

it almost feels like it’s a big cover up but, there’s not much tweeting going on about it that I can find? Networks don’t know about it? why don’t they?

its like we are living in an alternate universe?

I've done 4 or 5 YouTube videos all with Samsung drop out/silence on calls in the title and tags for people with the same issue to find my videos in searches but nearly 500 views with the millions of YouTube views every day is telling me it’s not as a great an issue as we think?

I am scratching my head as I’ve had 3 all with the same problem to understand why this thread is not a hundred? Thousand? Times longer. Why people aren’t searching for solutions with the same problem on google or YouTube and not coming here in their droves or clicking on my videos on YouTube?

Apprentice

I’m sorry to say don’t bet on Samsung not getting away with it, in the grand scheme of the worldwide sales its probably a small proportion of users that are experiencing the call issues or more importantly reporting it or posting about it.

My take on it is that Samsung will either ignore it and take the hit on some customers leaving Samsung or quietly fix the issue in a few months time on new batch production phones.

Totaly disgraceful but that’s big business, they project a veneer of respectability and caring about their customers, however  

you only have to how they initially handled the Note 7 fiasco .

personally I’m probably going to hold out for a little while longer in the vain hope of a fix, contradicting myself I know but I don’t want all the hassle that goes with the pain of convincing a Samsung rep that my phones faulty and receiving another that will present the same fault. I can see myself demanding a refund and moving to another manufacturer.

Sorry for the pessimistic post people, I lost time and money on the Note 7 so I’m not expecting anything better this time.

Top Liked Authors