Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Explorer

May be  because the problem is majorly reported by Exynos models of S9/S9+. 

Navigator

@Ladsoc wrote:

Software, and/or corrupted apps or Android OS interaction with Samsung/ third party hardware is the cause, I'm sure of it. 

Software and/or Android OS interaction with Samsung/ third party hardware because I have NO SILENCES at all during very long calls on exactly the same S9, with exactly the same apps , calling from the same locations when I swap from AldiMobile SIM to Telstra SIM (Same Australian Network but Aldimobile is the cheaper Capped and Limited 4G piggyback service rented out by Telstra). If I swap back to the Aldimobile SIM then intermittent but regular ~6 seconds SILENCES reoccur from the first call of over about 4 minutes. The network that works is Telstra's "4GX"  service. The other mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs) using  Telstra MVNO network (with deliberate limitations) also have SILENCES during calls (e.g. Woolworths, LycaMobile). It would be interesting to know if only a subset of the EE network users are having problems because they also limit their services to MVNOs.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Its either they recall the phone or refund it , its unacceptable, I do all my work on the phone , I regret giving away my iphone 7 , it was working great !!! What an Inconvenience! My 1st time with an android handset and look.. we cant make calls properly.  Calls are the basic feature in which we all carry mobile phones  .

S9+ exynos version , from middle east,  Jordan  

Apprentice
Hw rev 0.900
Apprentice

For CyCheang's problem, as far as I know that's normal, unless your carrier supports VoLTE

Explorer

Every main network in the UK has it. 02, Vodafone, Three, EE, Sky. There's no rhyme or reason when it happens to me. I'll be moving or stationary, speaker or normal mic, sometimes it won't happen for days. Sometimes it happens every call multiple times. There is no logic. It's driving me nuts. 

Apprentice

Mines exactly the same, you can't predict when it's going to drop out or go mute. It didng happen for a few days then then reappeared a few days ago, really frustrating.

Voyager

It’s totally driving me nuts too!!

i actually think it’s getting worse it’s gone from when will it happen? to it happens all the time for me sadly

im trying out twitter but I’m a bit lost with how to find discussions to tweet to? Or how to tweet so my tweets get seen by anybody but me?

anyone got any advice on how to use Twitter with this problem?

Explorer
I reached out to the Samsung support now (Sweden). And his response was that they don't have any more updates. They escalated this ticket but they are still talking about "weeks" because they don't have any detail information about this. He himself had a Samsung s9 and didn't have this issue and said that maybe I bought a phone form a defected batch...

Really sad to hear this but I will return my phone (14 days haven't passed yet), but I will still follow the information and probably order once again IF this will be solved.
Voyager

@Sofia92 wrote:
I reached out to the Samsung support now (Sweden). And his response was that they don't have any more updates. They escalated this ticket but they are still talking about "weeks" because they don't have any detail information about this. He himself had a Samsung s9 and didn't have this issue and said that maybe I bought a phone form a defected batch...

Really sad to hear this but I will return my phone (14 days haven't passed yet), but I will still follow the information and probably order once again IF this will be solved.

It's a lie all s9 have the issue. Otherwise how to explain 7-8 consecutive phones with the issue. And all around the world too. Simply he lied.

Top Liked Authors