Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Voyager

More great news misty geez

Get the feeling Samsung may be recalling these phones!

Hope not but it's not looking good

Explorer

According to Samsung Tech Support who called me earlier, Samsung know what the problem is and are working on a remedy!  Days not weeks was his words! We'll see!!

Voyager
Fingers crossed then. Days means max 6 days from now
Explorer

Surprising thing is that it's still not a major story yet.... Despite there being hundreds  of cases in forums from around the world. Samsung have agreed to change phone for me tomorrow. They doing same day swap ( as opposed to the 14 days I was told by Samsung shop).. According to them it could just be faulty batch of phones... But I doubt this is the case as ppl from all around the globe are experiencing this issue. 

Explorer

They lie all the time... Just trying to save face. I don't believe a word they come out with. My technician yesterday was clueless on the phone. Even Ant the Moderator on here wasn't confident...

Explorer

I was told categorically by a technician it was software....

Voyager

@Ladsoc wrote:

They lie all the time... Just trying to save face. I don't believe a word they come out with. My technician yesterday was clueless on the phone. Even Ant the Moderator on here wasn't confident...

Well it can be different departments have different informations I don't know... Surely the managing of this issue is worse than the problem itself

Navigator
The silences problem has been narrowed down to "S9 + specific network incompatibility issue". In Australia, Perth on same S9, Telstra SIM on Telstra network works perfectly fine (no silences during calls) but the version of the network that Telstra rent to their piggyback providers has silences (Aldimobile, Woolworths). The rented version of the Telstra network has capping and limits applied. In India, some whole regions are fine, others are not.
Highlighted
Navigator
Samsung would be better off providing you with a SIM for a network that is compatible (if any of them are where you live).
Voyager

@DinyM wrote:
The silences problem has been narrowed down to "S9 + specific network incompatibility issue". In Australia, Perth on same S9, Telstra SIM on Telstra network works perfectly fine (no silences during calls) but the version of the network that Telstra rent to their piggyback providers has silences (Aldimobile, Woolworths). The rented version of the Telstra network has capping and limits applied. In India, some whole regions are fine, others are not.

Not to disappoint you but to me it's a nonsense. I'm in Italy and we have here 3 operators: on all of them the phone presents the issue so to me network has nothing to do with it. Vdf and Tim are some of the most advanced operators in the world and they use Huawei Nokia and Ericsson last equipment on the market, then wind3 uses zte which is leader in 4g and upcoming 5g...

Top Liked Authors