Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Voyager

Lol now i have to get back to everyone i told about the qork around..hahaha..aaggrrhh samsungggg I'm fuming right now

Highlighted
Pathfinder

He told me that There is no official statement because The marketing and the sales of this brand new phone would drop as fast as our calls.. and before me he didnt have any drop in call with other People on the line bout this problem

Apprentice

I use one SIM card for talking, text, and the other one for mobile data connection. My main SIM card was in SIM1, the data card (from Telenor carrier) was in SIM2. I tried to switch them to test if the problem still persist. Unfortunately it does, still I could hear the approx. 5sec silence while on call (from SIM2 slot).

At first I started to think the problem was gone because for a nice 10 minutes talking everything was perfect. Then when I started to walk around my flat, the problem arose again. This might be related to cell switching, or just a coincidence.

Honestly, Samsung should pay for us real life testers, not the opposite, we spent a sh*t load of money for a 'flaghsip' phone which cannot be really used as a phone. How embarrasing, your friends or anyone who can listen to you talking and they can hear you keep saying 'could you repeat your last sentece', or 'hello', or 'I could hear you all the time, you couldn't hear me'. Shame on Samsung

I haven't tried it yet to only keep my main SIM card in SIM2 and leave SIM1 empty. But my expectations are not very good....

Voyager

@soullesstrance wrote:

He told me that There is no official statement because The marketing and the sales of this brand new phone would drop as fast as our calls.. and before me he didnt have and drop in call with other People on the line bout this problem

Are you really saying that he told you like that?? This is very very serious! So this guy actually admitted not only the issue but that Samsung is intentionally covering the issue up?? This is something that should definitely finish on the newspapers! Unbelievable

Voyager

@soullesstrance wrote:
Guys!! Funny thing has happened: I just wanted to call Samsung and tell them that i think, that when i put the sim on slot 2 and nothing on 1 the problem is gone. The Samsung Guy (SG further) told me that they know the issue its a software bug for sure and will be dropping a fix unofficially at the end of the april and beginning of may and will write down my suggestions to the technical team. Then we had some talk for a while about my history of the problem and suddenly one drop...he told then than maybe this is a coincidence and some operator interferences etc. We talked for a while and after about 5 min second drop. Then SG realised that it is no coincidence and the slot swap didnt helped so we finished by talking about waiting for the update and hoping for the fix...

Someone working for Samsung can kindly confirm what this guy is reporting? Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel! We have an unofficial date for a patch to solve this issue, can Samsung confirm it officially then? I mean end of April is in few days

Pathfinder

Yes he admited it when i asked that Samsung does not make any official statement because of the sales drops and he said "yes exactly"

Apprentice

I guess if this would just be a simple software bug, Samsung had already put the bugfix in one of the official updates. If this is hardware related (e.g. some stupid thing in Enxynos chipset) then they should initiate a recall and e.g. replace the component to the Snapdragon version. The same if the error is in the SIM card readers. I'm honestly thinking of quickly sell the device and get something else. But really, no competitors on the Android train. Funny I just came from iPhone 6, don't want to go back and buy the X.

Voyager

@soullesstrance wrote:

Yes he admited it when i asked that Samsung does not make any official statement because of the sales drops and he said "yes exactly"

Wow this is of an unheard seriousness, I struggle to believe that a so big multinational can be so mean to act like that. This behaviour if confirmed should be persecuted and punished severely

Explorer

20180423_204959.jpg

20180423_094918.jpg

Here are screenshots from TODAY, Samsung denying the issue on the Samsung Members app and lying/ deceiving, playing the network blame game. How patronising and rude, to give that response. I was so frustrated I logged a complaint on the telephone with their customer care team who then acknowledged the issue over the telephone and apologised. And Ant the moderator also PMd me about the issue (I'm UK based) how on earth one side of Samsung is in denile whilst the other accepts it is beyond... 

Voyager

How rude, stupid and insulting of intelligence was this customer care representative! Please Samsung make an official statement and refund customers affected (basically all of us!)

Top Liked Authors