Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Navigator

Well I've been following this page ...well 34 pages now , since the launch because I'm on my third phone with still the issue , what's baffling me is why are some people not getting the problem ....I know a couple of friends with the 9plus and they say they don't get the problem but my s9 does ...I'm in the UK....on o2 , the shop I brought it from say they've never heard of the fault...really ! ....Samsung Tec now twice have admitted it and say a fix has already been rolled out ....that was 9 days ago .....so I'm guessing it's not coming ....they haven't addressed it officially because I don't think they can fix it , I believe it to be a hardware issue , I think it' time to take the phone back and demand a refund , I'm giving it one more week , I'm taking it out of the country for 4 days next week so will shift to a European network so that will illuminate a network issue if it goes wrong over there .

As for everyone trying to find the fix themselves I think you won't because it's hard were but it doesn't hurt to try , the dual sim solution can't be it because the s9 isn't dual sim 

Navigator

Well I've been following this page ...well 34 pages now , since the launch because I'm on my third phone with still the issue , what's baffling me is why are some people not getting the problem ....I know a couple of friends with the 9plus and they say they don't get the problem but my s9 does ...I'm in the UK....on o2 , the shop I brought it from say they've never heard of the fault...really ! ....Samsung Tec now twice have admitted it and say a fix has already been rolled out ....that was 9 days ago .....so I'm guessing it's not coming ....they haven't addressed it officially because I don't think they can fix it , I believe it to be a hardware issue , I think it' time to take the phone back and demand a refund , I'm giving it one more week , I'm taking it out of the country for 4 days next week so will shift to a European network so that will illuminate a network issue if it goes wrong over there .

As for everyone trying to find the fix themselves I think you won't because it's hard were but it doesn't hurt to try , the dual sim solution can't be it because the s9 isn't dual sim .

I read about the firm in Israel taking them to court and still no official statement......time to face facts ...it's broke and it ain't getting fixed 

Navigator

@Spoolk wrote:

In spain forum,  we are open a survey.  We want know how many people have this issues.

https://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=1408282

As for everyone trying to find the fix themselves I think you won't because it's hard were but it doesn't hurt to try , the dual sim solution can't be it because the s9 isn't dual sim .

I read about the firm in Israel taking them to court and still no official statement......time to face facts ...it's broke and it ain't getting fixed 

Voyager

Does any one know anyone else personally whose phone isn't having the issue. If they could just swap sims and try testing the issue, assuming originally A phone does not have a problem and B does, then there could a few possible cases after swapping the sim:

1. A starts having the problem with B's sim while B starts working fine with A's sim..this would indicate that the s9 is imcompatible with the singnal bands of B. This would indicate mostly a software issue.

2. B still has trouble with A's sim while A works perfectly. This would confirm that the issue is particular with B's handset indicating a hardware issue.

Voyager

I have just mentioned on my 10% thread that there are plenty of big youtubers now giving 1 or 2 months reviews and no mention of the call drop out issue. Let's get replying guys this will get the message out and maybe many more will add their comments

Here's an example of my replies

Screenshot_20180423-082142_YouTube.jpg

Feel free to put a link in your reply to my video or why not make your own video

We need to really get busy with this because they ain't fixing it and my 380 views aren't going to do any good at the moment

The message that the phone drops out needs to get BIGGER IMHO 

Navigator

Good idea. So far the 3 different Aldimobile SIMS I tested in 3 different S9s all had silence fault. The 2 different Telstra SIMs I tested in the last two of the three S9 phones I had both had no silences during calls. Hence my problem was solved in Perth, Australia by changing my service provider. Although that may not apply country wide given that their networks comprise various equipment.

Voyager
Would have been better you if ledt a link to this forum. I'm sorry to say but your video is not gwtting viral. Maybe because many users won't treat it seriously or bother to listen to the rant. Let's just spread this forum.
Voyager
This indicates thata softwate update might fix the issue...hopefully 😅 just beijg optimistic
Highlighted
Voyager

Screenshot_20180423-183904_Samsung Members.jpg

What does this small blue s stand for next to the error report?

Voyager
Yes great idea definitely let's do that too

Have you done it?

And yes I'm well aware it's not going viral if you can do one that does I'll gladly link you in
Top Liked Authors