Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Explorer

Which update are you talking abt? The call stability one?

Pathfinder

i think he talks about the "CC" update..

Pathfinder
the newest is G965USQS2ARD3 and i suppose is for G965U (USA variant) with Snapdragon
Apprentice

Same here , calls go silent for around 10 seconds , live in Jordan , s9+ exynos , any fix soon ? 

Voyager

@Abd985 wrote:

Same here , calls go silent for around 10 seconds , live in Jordan , s9+ exynos , any fix soon ? 

Please Samsung, don't leave us without info. We must know when it will be fixed.

First Poster
In Russia, I have 2 s9. And at all such problems with calls. I'm waiting for the update, but when it will be .....
First Poster

I have just downloaded the update manually and made two calls without issue.  I didnt get the long cutouts, just people saying im breaking up.  Hopefully it has fixed it for good.   

One thing though, i didnt know the update was availabe without manually checking and i can seem to figure out how to set my S9+ to update automatically. An automatic update might have saved me weeks of frustration.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Whats the number of this update ? My latest update ends with CC , and still have issues ? 

Navigator

Yes, this is quite normal for the new Samsung Galaxy S9. You get free, regular ~6 second breaks during calls. Its a form of meditation that Samsung have introduced to get us to all slow down

Seriously, I am on my 3rd Samsung Galaxy S9. All of them have had the same issue. I have applied all the firmware upgrades available for Australian model G960F - so far ARB1, ARCA, ARCC and these firmware versions made no difference, still regular silent spots when using an AldiMobile SIM in Australia.

HOWEVER I get no discernable drops in 4G zones when using Telstra SIM with VOLTE enabled on my line (had to ask the provider) however the 3G reception gets really scratchy, hard to hear / awful but still no discernable silent spots. BUT I have only been testing Telstra for 1 day so this MAY just be coincidence... time will tell... over the next few days I will also test Telstra with VOLTE off and see if being on the Telstra network is any better than AldimobileAldimobile (No VOLTE).

Voyager

Hello guys...any updates? Just a question, does any one have an idea of about how many users are effected...i know atleast one person who has never had this issue..i on the other handknow 4-5 people who have intermittent issue...me on the other hand, have this issue almost certainly on every single call over 2 minutes. Any suggestions to make at atleast bearable? 

Top Liked Authors