Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Explorer

UPDATE:

After reporting my issue through Samsung Members and sending the error log I received a reply yesterday from Samsung to ask when it hapened during the call. I promptly gave them the details and today all my calls have been fine! No dropouts or muting calls! I will keep an eye on this and update the thread if anything changes.

BTW I am in the UK and used the built in Samsung members app to report issue. No update or remote access required or requested on the phone.

Apprentice

Sadly it seems the problem is back after the "repairs".... only this time its the recieving end of the line thats can't hear. 

Bloody samsung. Anyone know of any good dual sim phone alternatives?

Highlighted
Navigator

UPDATE:

After reporting my issue through Samsung Members and sending the error log I received a reply yesterday from Samsung to ask when it hapened during the call. I promptly gave them the details and today all my calls have been fine! No dropouts or muting calls! I will keep an eye on this and update the thread if anything changes.

BTW I am in the UK and used the built in Samsung members app to report issue. No update or remote access required or requested on the phone.

Can you find out exactly what they did? I've been logging error reports every time it happens. Samsung have responded with troubleshooting tips which I've already tried. Still having the problem. 

Explorer

Not sure what they 'did' exactly as it just never happened today whilst on calls. But it can't be a coinicidence that hours after receiving a response from the Samsung through the Members app that it suddenly 'fixed' itself. I will ask for details if they come back to me.

I just followed the advice on this thread to report it within 15 minutes of the issue occurring.

Navigator

Yep that's my point. Even though I've logged the errors there has been no change. 

Apprentice

Have you checked if its happening on the other end? Thats what happening to me when I thought it was fixed. Turns out the recieving end could not hear me.

Explorer

Other person hasn't complained yet. There were 3 short calls lasting about 2-3 minutes and 3 long calls lasting 20-30 minutes. No issues on either. I've had the phone since launch (black - s9+ - hybrid model UK spec) and use to face issues on daily every call even with the new firmware. I am in the same location for making calls so can't be the network.

First Poster
hi. i am also from india. how did you replace your device. i tried talking to samsung india through live chat and also in customer care. but they just give troubleshooting steps. or tell me to reset. or else last option go to a service center. how can i also get a replacement??
First Poster

@imgb_smartboy wrote:

Hi there!!

There is no network issue. I am from India and i have tried alomost all networks available here in India - Vodafone, Airtel, Idea, Jio etc... but all in vain. I raised my voice against the issue and after long discussions, arguments and fights samsung professionals replaced all my handsets and admitted that fault is not with the network but with S9/S9+ itself. I am using my 7th replacement handset currently and facing the same issue. I have copies of all my invoices with me. They asked me to wait for 10 - 12 days for a software update now. Let's see if an upcoming update resolves the call mute issue. Else no option left I will have to fight again to replace my 7th S9+. I will not remain silent until the problem will be resolved. 

how did you get a replacement. i tried everything but they say that i have to go to service center. please help me how can i fight for a replacement  

thank you 

Explorer

Well boys and girls,     issue no more for me     dumped sammy back to the store...  Typing from my new pixel 2 xl ,   what a relief boys... And on 9.0    android P      dont think sammy will get it till end of next year lool

Top Liked Authors