Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

First Poster

You will have to find your nearest Samsung support centre. I am really not sure though if there is a patch for this at this moment in time, but contacting samsung member support and finding your nearest Samsung support centre is recomended.

I am just awaiting and hoping there is a patch deployed soon to fix the speaker phone which keeps randomly dropping.

I am reluctant to take my phone anywhere as I have too man apps and 3rd party configurations, which will need configuring if support do anything like wipe. hard reset or swap the phone. 

Good luck,

Steve

Explorer

Thanks for the info. 

Explorer
@imgb_smartboy

Hey there, so Samsung told you that it's an issue with S9/S9+.. Great to hear that they at least accepted the problem's at their end. Even I am in India, and they have been rejecting the existence of call drop issue. BTW, they acknowledged the issue over a phone call/ live chat/email??
Explorer
I've had mine replaced 3 times since it was released and still having the same issue even after the software update ..yet o2 shop is saying mine is the only one they've ever had returned.. making me feel like it's me not my s9+
Explorer
The software update did not fix the problem with my handset
Explorer

I got the update im in n.ireland and on my 3rd handset but still having same problem call dropping 

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

I'm from Malaysia and encounter the same issue like your guys. So far, I encounter call drop when it is pair with my car stereo via bluetooth connection. I would said with this method, call drop is for sure, it happened after 10 to minutes of the call. Suddenly cannot hear from another party, then the call is being disconnected.

For your information, i never had such issue when i'm using my iphone 7 plus when connected to my car stereo via bluetooth.

I had done another testing which i'm using iphone to call my S9+, this is without any bluetooth connection, the call last for 30 minutes without any drop. This is just a one time testing.

Another test is put the phone in safe mode, but no luck, the problem still persist.

Really hope this is the software issue and it can be fixed with software update in coming days.

First Poster

The comments on this forum has been helpful and unfortunately I have gone down all the suggested fixes with no luck.

Samsung can you please review this asap or at least put a holding note out to say you are looking at this?

I appreciate your share price will take a slap when the general public realises that the new handsets can't take calls properly and hence I suspect little comments have been made.

A short note is the very least you can do as you have loyal customers here who have purchased this phone and many who have left other providers such as Apple, OnePlus etc to be part of the Samsung adventure but many newcomers will be thinking what have they left for?

This is not meant to be a hasty comment but a plea to say can you get a team looking at this asap as it is getting frustrating when I am taking calls and hearing every second word before a pause and then the call comes back before going again. I don't need to state the obvious but what use is this phone if it cant do the very basic anyone phone should be able to do?

Apprentice

@Explorer_1989wrote:
@imgb_smartboy

Hey there, so Samsung told you that it's an issue with S9/S9+.. Great to hear that they at least accepted the problem's at their end. Even I am in India, and they have been rejecting the existence of call drop issue. BTW, they acknowledged the issue over a phone call/ live chat/email??

When you mentioned they accepted the issue, did they say it was a software or hardware problem? 

Apprentice

Bro! They have not concluded any exact issue. But they still believe that an upcoming software update might solve that problem. But I could not wait for silly updates and all.. problem is afterall a problem. I didnt pay such a hefty amount for their silly excuses. So after long arguments and fights...they gave me 7th replacement handset - S9+. But again the same issue with this handset.  Still i have 10 days left as per the replacement policy. If the porblem will not get resolved during the said period i will again go and ask for the replacement. I will not stay quiet and wait for any update and all. Cheers! 

Top Liked Authors