Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Explorer

The update you are talking about came out I think on Friday and it was sugegsted that thius would fix the issue but it DEFINITELY did not.  I think it ios a disgrace that Samsung has not responded to any of the forums on this matter.  We have alls seen the issue on this forum but if you do a basic search, many are have this issue everywhere.  As this is a Samsung hosted forum I would have hoped for better by now.  I bought my phone directly from Samsung as well, delivered on launch day!!

If Samsung do not respond today my next steps are to go to the press as I know many of the tech journalist and also one of the UK TV tech shows.  Perhaps if it is demonstrated live on the BBC Samsung may bother themseleves to respond.

Samsung, consider the loyal users of your devices, we suffered the battery issue, demonstrating how bad your QA was, you promised you had improved processes but clearly not.  This is absurdly repeatable, it is not credible they do not know about this and what worries me that given that, perhaps it is a problem that software alome cannot fix and they are worried about how to tell the world given their last issue.

I am surprised mopre press have not already picked up on this issue but hear this Samsung, I will be contacting my tech editor friends at the BBC and the wriotten press on Monday.  I suggest you offer us all an update by then even if you dont have a fix.  We do not know if we should abandoin the phoine or if a fix is 24 hours away, your silence is causing problems for all yet we still have to watch your TV adds everyday stating how good the phone is!!!!!!

Explorer

@Doddywrote:

The update you are talking about came out I think on Friday and it was sugegsted that thius would fix the issue but it DEFINITELY did not.  I think it ios a disgrace that Samsung has not responded to any of the forums on this matter.  We have alls seen the issue on this forum but if you do a basic search, many are have this issue everywhere.  As this is a Samsung hosted forum I would have hoped for better by now.  I bought my phone directly from Samsung as well, delivered on launch day!!

If Samsung do not respond today my next steps are to go to the press as I know many of the tech journalist and also one of the UK TV tech shows.  Perhaps if it is demonstrated live on the BBC Samsung may bother themseleves to respond.

Samsung, consider the loyal users of your devices, we suffered the battery issue, demonstrating how bad your QA was, you promised you had improved processes but clearly not.  This is absurdly repeatable, it is not credible they do not know about this and what worries me that given that, perhaps it is a problem that software alome cannot fix and they are worried about how to tell the world given their last issue.

I am surprised mopre press have not already picked up on this issue but hear this Samsung, I will be contacting my tech editor friends at the BBC and the wriotten press on Monday.  I suggest you offer us all an update by then even if you dont have a fix.  We do not know if we should abandoin the phoine or if a fix is 24 hours away, your silence is causing problems for all yet we still have to watch your TV adds everyday stating how good the phone is!!!!!!

In all honesty, I think you should just contact whoever it is you know. Doesn't seem like Samsung is looking at these forums, so maybe what they need is a kick up their backside. 

Explorer

In all honesty, I think you should just contact whoever it is you know. Doesn't seem like Samsung is looking at these forums, so maybe what they need is a kick up their backside. 

they do...   but they don't really care,  it ain't apple which is more consumer orientated...     i am goin to give it one week.. if nothin changed by friday.. handin the phone back and gettin somethin for the time being till new pixel is out

Highlighted
Navigator

I got the latest update a few hours ago and I've made several calls/listened to voice messages with no problems. Fingers crossed it's sorting out the issue. 

Explorer

@misty71wrote:

I got the latest update a few hours ago and I've made several calls/listened to voice messages with no problems. Fingers crossed it's sorting out the issue. 

its not a new update,  same as from two weeks,    and it doesn't sort the issue...  give it a day or so... and u'll notice it again

Navigator

I didn't say it was new I said it was the latest update. They're rolled out at different times. If its not sorted it can go back to the shop. 

Explorer

@misty71wrote:

I didn't say it was new I said it was the latest update. They're rolled out at different times. If its not sorted it can go back to the shop. 

post back once u notice it again bud,  not saying  fingers crossed man

Navigator

Will do. Such a pain in the **** 

Explorer

@misty71wrote:

Will do. Such a pain in the **** 

couldn't agree more xd

Explorer
Guys the problem is already reported by many S9 users across the world. See this: http://piunikaweb.com/2018/03/26/galaxy-s9-users-around-the-globe-reporting-call-dropping-issue/
Look at the number of complaints in the comments section. Gosh I fail to understand why is Samsung hiding things. Their Support told me there are no such call drop issues.
Top Liked Authors