Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Highlighted
Navigator

Manager @ Vodafone in Perth city (AU) told me that Samsung told him today that they think it's something to do with the S9 being VOLTE enabled and Telstra's old 4G network can't support it when it switches protocols... and that Telstra may be able to disable it for individuals and that other providers worldwide with the same older 4G networks may have the same issue that VOLTE doesn't work properly (Don't understand this... does this sound plausible? May be a red herring/misleading... I have no idea.)

Explorer

@DinyMwrote:

@Manager @ Vodafone in Perth city (AU) told me that Samsung told him today that they think it's something to do with the S9 being VOLTE enabled and Telstra's old 4G network can't support it when it switches protocols... and that Telstra may be able to disable it for individuals and that other providers worldwide with the same older 4G networks may have the same issue that VOLTE doesn't work properly (Don't understand this... does this sound plausible? May be a red herring/misleading... I have no idea.)

tbh... we dont have volte here on sim free s9 using vodafone UK      so its got nothin to do with it...  its happenin on either 3g or 2g,      will test a new phone in next few days and see

Explorer
I agree, seems to be an issue on both 3g and 4g. Seems like they are just trying to fob you off. :@
Explorer

I gave up after three different S9+ handsets and today I took a refund. I tried everything and all three phones,  on every call, there was a drop of 5-6secs. The updates did nothing to sort the issue either. Thankfully I still have my S8+ so have gone back to that with no call issues since.

There seems to be a lot of issues with the S9 and S9+ and Samsung are simply not communicating with us the customers. It is ridiculous!! My plan is to wait a few months and try again, but I'm nervous I gotta be honest!

I'm in Ireland and with Vodafone. It is NOT a network issue. 

Explorer

Hey there (@Bev2),

I heard Samsung released a fix for the call dropping issue. So did you get this response from the company after that fix or before they released the fix??

Navigator

Hi Gerkygirl 

How did you get the replacement phone with Vodafone Ireland? I'm also with them and they've told me they need to send the phone away for assessment if I can't show the problem in store. Not one bit happy about this as I'm well within my 28 days. Thanks. 

Explorer
Hi Misty,
I showed the problem in store with the first handset. The manager called my phone and it happened within the first 4 minutes of the call. Then I had the same issue with handset two and three so I went back and said I was done and wanted a refund. That was it! You're within the 28days so there should be NO issue. Demonstrate the issue and get your money back.
Explorer

@Gerkygirlwrote:
Hi Misty,
I showed the problem in store with the first handset. The manager called my phone and it happened within the first 4 minutes of the call. Then I had the same issue with handset two and three so I went back and said I was done and wanted a refund. That was it! You're within the 28days so there should be NO issue. Demonstrate the issue and get your money back.

exactly   i've done similar,  but cpw had to run the phone thru all the tests first,  then had to make some calls in store...      

@Gerkygirlwrote:
Hi Misty,

Apprentice

Update: Replaced all the 5 handsets #s9+ #india #jaipur

Navigator

@Gerkygirlwrote:
Hi Misty,

Thanks Gerkygirl 

It's an intermittent problem on my phone. I made an 18 minute call during the week and it didn't happen once. Then yesterday during a very brief call it went silent for about 5 seconds. Love the phone apart from this issue. 

Top Liked Authors