Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Explorer

That is true....I've decided to give it till the end of next week, if there is no movement on the issue, be it a fix or official acknowledgment, I am getting a refund.

So I suppose the question is, which phone is like the s9, waterproof etc... But doesn't have a silly notch on the screen? Ideally from this years list of flagship, so the s8 is out the picture.

Played around with the p20 pro. Didn't really like it. 

Highlighted
Apprentice

Samsung finally admit there is an issue on 'some' phones.........see below

Regarding your concern, we apologise for the inconvenience that this matter has caused , Samsung had been notified that users with limited Galaxy S9/S9+ devices are having some issues with call stability and speaker phone use.

I can assure you that we appreciate all customer feedback and use it to drive future innovation and improvement. I will ensure that your comments are passed to the relevant team within Samsung especially to our software developers so we can address this issue, to receive the latest update as soon as it becomes available please make sure that your device is set to automatic update:

1. Go to Applications.
2. Tap on Settings.
3. Tap on Software update.
4. Tick on Download updates automatically.

Additionally, please be advised that you can also raised your concern, any error or glitch that you may encounter, to our software engineers and software developers. To send software feedback straight to our developers and engineers, please use the Samsung Members application. If it's not built in on your device, you may download it from Google Playstore. To be able to send feedback on Samsung Members, please open the application, select Support and tap on Send Feedback. This will allow you to ask a question or send an error report, in order for our software engineers to quickly resolve the issue. Here at Samsung, we take customer feedback very seriously and we will ensure that your feedback is forwarded to the appropriate team for further analysis.

Explorer

@Bev2wrote:

Samsung finally admit there is an issue on 'some' phones.........see below

Regarding your concern, we apologise for the inconvenience that this matter has caused , Samsung had been notified that users with limited Galaxy S9/S9+ devices are having some issues with call stability and speaker phone use.

I can assure you that we appreciate all customer feedback and use it to drive future innovation and improvement. I will ensure that your comments are passed to the relevant team within Samsung especially to our software developers so we can address this issue, to receive the latest update as soon as it becomes available please make sure that your device is set to automatic update:

1. Go to Applications.
2. Tap on Settings.
3. Tap on Software update.
4. Tick on Download updates automatically.

Additionally, please be advised that you can also raised your concern, any error or glitch that you may encounter, to our software engineers and software developers. To send software feedback straight to our developers and engineers, please use the Samsung Members application. If it's not built in on your device, you may download it from Google Playstore. To be able to send feedback on Samsung Members, please open the application, select Support and tap on Send Feedback. This will allow you to ask a question or send an error report, in order for our software engineers to quickly resolve the issue. Here at Samsung, we take customer feedback very seriously and we will ensure that your feedback is forwarded to the appropriate team for further analysis.

Interesting, so far it hasn't played out like a hardware issue. In any case, I will give it another week, then I need ideas for a replacement phone 

Voyager

Hi

same problem for me I’m afraid

got S9+ with hybrid sim on upgrade scheme 

called my girlfriend and after a minute she’s like “Lee are you there? hello? hellooooo? he’s gone? wtf?”

20 seconds later I’m back “Im here, I’m here”...Oh you’re back

Try again and the same thing keeps happening

so call Samsung support get cut off because the Samsung rep loses me as I dropout trying to tell them my drop out problem

call them back begging them not to cut me off if I dropout because I will be back in about 2O seconds

they agree to replace but I have to send phone back and wait 5 days for their engineers to check my phone so I keep S8+ until new replacement arrives

Replacement phone arrives

SAME PROBLEM *****

call technical support they think it may be a problem with the hybrid version

so call to cancel agreement with this phone and get deposit refund

and set up a new upgrade contract but this time I order a single sim S9+

got it yesterday

and guess what?

This drops out more than the other one!!!

”Lee are you there? He’s gone again! OK I’ll just talk to myself...gosh 2 minutes will he come back? I know I’ll sing a little song whilst I’m waiting...Lee....”

some time later...

”Oh gosh you’re back that was the longest dropout yet, geez you need to get back on to Samsung this is not good...Lee? Are you there?...Lee?”

TRULY UNBELIEVABLE!!!!🤬

Explorer

@djleecharleswrote:

Hi

same problem for me I’m afraid

got S9+ with hybrid sim on upgrade scheme 

called my girlfriend and after a minute she’s like “Lee are you there? hello? hellooooo? he’s gone? wtf?”

20 seconds later I’m back “Im here, I’m here”...Oh you’re back

Try again and the same thing keeps happening

so call Samsung support get cut off because the Samsung rep loses me as I dropout trying to tell them my drop out problem

call them back begging them not to cut me off if I dropout because I will be back in about 2O seconds

they agree to replace but I have to send phone back and wait 5 days for their engineers to check my phone so I keep S8+ until new replacement arrives

Replacement phone arrives

SAME PROBLEM *****

call technical support they think it may be a problem with the hybrid version

so call to cancel agreement with this phone and get deposit refund

and set up a new upgrade contract but this time I order a single sim S9+

got it yesterday

and guess what?

This drops out more than the other one!!!

”Lee are you there? He’s gone again! OK I’ll just talk to myself...gosh 2 minutes will he come back? I know I’ll sing a little song whilst I’m waiting...Lee....”

some time later...

”Oh gosh you’re back that was the longest dropout yet, geez you need to get back on to Samsung this is not good...Lee? Are you there?...Lee?”

TRULY UNBELIEVABLE!!!!🤬

That sucks Lee, but on the brightside, I liked the story

Hopefully you get it sorted soon

Explorer

This problem is listed as speaker because that is how it sounds but it is not it is a software bug that is stopping audio in both directions and is not the speaker otherwise it would be the Mic as well. Samsung are stalling with their ecuses and with this number of reports on forum after forum they must know about it. They pushed an update 48 hours ago with the suggestion this would fix the issue but it does not. Had the problem at least once on every call today and not being synercal but the up address I first used to report the problem is now blocked from the forum so using another device to post this. After the HOT battery issue, i would have thought Samsung would have got the BASIC QA right this time on  a flagship phone.!

Voyager

Thanks hope so

I have finally got through on the phone

I have sent an email to recycle centre as per their request as I have just been speaking to them 

basically to to see if my S8+ (Oh I wish Id have just kept hold of it a day longer) which I only sent back last Saturday is still there and not been “moved on” so they can send it me back.

ill be more than happy to keep it another year as it was in mint condition especially as only 6 weeks ago it had had a new screen replacement fitted by Samsung Service due to dreaded screenburn (of the keyboard!!) 

• fingers crossed they can find it and send it me back
Voyager

sorry Double post

Explorer

Hi Guys,

I've had an idea...

If it's not hardware because both Vietnam and Korean made phones are getting it. And it's almost certainly software, but isolated to certain individuals, my current working theory is some kind of app we all have is corrupting things...?

So... for the whole day today I'm going to make all my calls in Safe Mode (turn phone on holding the volume down button).

Safe Mode doesn't let most apps run so it's a place to start. If this doesn't work then Samsung have a bigger problem on their hands than they're making out. 

Has anyone tried this already? Probably someone has but I'm gonna try it myself. 

I'll let you know the results.

Explorer

hey all, back again,  got a new replacement today, lets see if this one does the same thing..

if yes,  will return the phone for a full refund

Top Liked Authors