Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Highlighted
Apprentice

I have just been talking on a call and the speaker phone kept cutting out and then returning. Can you help?

1,406 REPLIES 1,406
Highlighted
Explorer

@Bev2wrote:

I have just been talking on a call and the speaker phone kept cutting out and then returning. Can you help?

You could possibly try going into Settings - Menu (3 Dots in the top right hand corner) - Show System App's 

Clear Data/Clear Cache from any of the Phone Applications on the device. 

Highlighted
First Poster

I have the same issue. Call will drop silent and then come back about 20 seconds later. Reception is perfect. Also others I know who have the s9/s9+ have the same issue. 

Highlighted
Explorer

Happening with me too.

I went and got a new sim from 3 last week thinking mine was faulty or damaged. But it's still happening now. It's annoying repeating the same sentences, again and again. #firstworldproblems I know, but I didn't pay £860 for my phone to have such a basic issue. I'm going to Samsung store to test the phone this week when I have time.

Hi guys. :robothappy:

Is this just happening on speakerphone - and with the standard phone app? And is it that you can hear the other person but they can't hear you?

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Highlighted
Explorer

From what I recall being asked to repeat myself to friends and customers on my S9+ Handset it's mainly on speaker. That said I am in branch now and have had a diagnosis ran on the phone and the microphones are faulty. I've been offered a new handset as I'm inside 28days since I purchased the phone in store directly from Samsung. Luckily I brought the box with me otherwise no exchange... really inconvenient now having to sort out my apps and back up everything... for the second time in 2 weeks. I know I'm very lucky to be in the position to own this phone. I would have thought I would have been compensated for my time and loyalty to the brand... I wasn't. 

Highlighted
First Poster

Having exactly the same issue. Swapped out sim thinking that was the problem. Annoying having paid over £800 for a phone it's not performing as it should 

Highlighted
Apprentice

India - I bought three handsets - s9+. The same problem with all the three handsets. Call goes silent and then returned after 15 - 20 seconds. Tested almost all the possible solutions - updated software, changed the sim etc but all in vain. Pls advise with possible solution. 

Highlighted
Apprentice

S9+ does exactly the same, audio drops out between 5 and 10 seconds on most calls, regardless of on speaker or not . I have tried a different SIM card and it makes no difference. If this is not resolved soon I’m going to return the phone, which is a shame as it’s stunning in every respect apart from its useless as a phone !

Highlighted
Navigator

I'm having the same problem. Several dropped calls in the first few days of using the S9+. I tried troubleshooting and changing the sim back to my S7 Edge and although I haven't since had a dropped call I am losing sound on the phone. The person on the other end can hear me but I can't hear them (this has happened directly with the phone and also in my car using Android Auto). It lasts for a few seconds and then comes back. Extremely annoying. I'm going back to Vodafone on Tuesday to look for a replacement.

Top Liked Authors