Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 - sound cuts out in the middle of the call.

(Topic created on: 27-06-2019 05:36 AM)
Litmanen
Student
Options

So I've been having a problem since I first bought this phone. Almost everytime I make/recieve a call, the sound will mute in the middle of the call. The person I speak with can hear me fine, but I can't hear what he or she is saying. Now, if I put the call on speaker I can hear the voice. And when I remove speaker, everything is fine, but the problem can still come back during that same call.  I contacted the reseller who told me to get a new sim card, so I'm waiting for that now.

Thing is, I'm 50% sure it has something to do with bluetooth. Everytime I've connected something to bluetooth, this problem occours. When I reboot the phone, I don't seem to be able to duplicate the issue until I've had something connected via bluetooth.

4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As a process of elimination to help rule out the sim and phone can you insert your sim card in another phone and then see what happens.

If the issue happens in one place then that could mean its network signal too.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Litmanen
Student
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

As a process of elimination to help rule out the sim and phone can you insert your sim card in another phone and then see what happens.

If the issue happens in one place then that could mean its network signal too.

Sure, I will give it a try for a day or two. Thanks for the reply   :smiling-face:

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome and I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Magic_Bullet
First Poster
Options

Had the same problem. I'd catch the first half of a caller's sentence, and then their audio would completely drop off. It was incredibly frustrating. 

Turned off the Bluetooth and it fixed itself instantly. 

0 Likes