Support

Open search

S9+ region lock / SIM network PIN blocked

Observer

Used your solution to unlock mine.  They charge $39 for the remote service now too.  Did not have the issue with typing slowly although I was careful to type it in so was by no means rushing.  Unlockboot.com are the boys, highly recommended, I'd have no worries using again or if you can get a deal on a locked phone buy that and let them work the magic.  Samsung tech support not helpful, mines an EU phone (Romania I think) that I did get a good deal on but as soon as they clocked that I was using it in the UK...lost interst big time!! No way it had been hacked or anything it was in sealed packaging and I've done an IMEI check and its a genuine phone, end of as far as i am concerned.  My issue was with a Georgian SIM (which is in Europe so why it didnt work on a Euro region locked phone I'm not quite sure...not EU europe maybe??) but fine now.

Observer

I purchased S9+ in uae and have used it in uae as well as India. It worked well. But it is not registering on any network in UK using either uk sim card or indian sim card. Please help.

Kamal

I just tried using UnlockBoot.com, I paid $39 and had a 10 minutes session over Team Viewer. Now my phone is unlocked. I have an S9 running the latest update of OneUI. Make sure you contact them for the remote session using a Windows PC. Their tools does not run over Mac. VERY SATISFIED. THANK YOU

iv just had this issue, bought a s9+ from saudi, and traveled to china and thats where i unboxed it didnt work with the china sims but did with the saudi one a few months later i flew back... went to samsung when i travled to dubai i asked samsung there they said i had to pay 50usd and theyd do it but i have to leave it with them for 3 days.... didnt have that kind of time so i thought maybe ill just do it in china.. when i got back i tried my chinese sim and it worked...... reason being is i made calls with the saudi sim whilst in saudi i assume... so try that before wasting money make sevral calls with the local sim... 

one thing is none of the samsung store employees told me about the region lock.. i had to search online to figure that out which is disappointing.... they just said its blocked ... was it to make money or was it that they dont know about their own products i dont know but thats just bad ...... ill assume its that they didnt know ... samsung plz train your employees to deal with issues like this
Top Liked Authors