Support

Open search

S9+ region lock / SIM network PIN blocked

SOLVED
Explorer

I bought a (sim lock free) S9+ in the Netherlands and read threads about region locks before bringing it with me to Colombia. I made two 6-minute phone calls while in the Netherlands, using a sim card from a Dutch provider. Theoretically, this should have removed the region lock, correct? However, once I put in my Colombian sim card it did not accept the code, which I had entered a number of times. Now I have the message "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK". Is this because the region lock was never removed? Should the calls have been longer than 6 minutes? I am in Colombia now: how can I remove the region lock ? Would it work to use a European sim card and receive a call from Europe? Or how do I get the requested sim network PUK? Or an NCK or MCK code? FYI, my Colombian sim card itself is not blocked because it still works in my old S6. Please help! Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Unfortunately, neither Samsung nor my Colombian provider could help me. I kept being refered to someone else. My phone would not accept any Colombian sim card and it seems it had to do with the registration of phone itself in Colombia. In the end the only solution to unblock my phone was to use an online unblocking service. This worked perfectly. My phone was unblocked and I was then able to register my phone in Colombia without any problems.

18 REPLIES 18
Explorer

Would a factory reset help?

Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @apv

Please see the reply from antS in this thread > Galaxy-S8-Sim-region-lock.

You could try a factory reset after a back up but I'm not confident that'll work. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Explorer

Thanks for the feedback. I did make 12 minutes worth of calls while in the region, using a local sim card. But then, when I put my Colombian sim in, while still in Holland, it would not accept the pin nor the puk and it got blocked. Now in Colombia is does not work either, same issue. The region lock should be removed. Any ideas on what I should do? Do I need to get the SIM network PUK from my Colombian provider? The phone itself should accept sim cards from any provider.

CarlH Moderator

Hi @apv. I would recommend speaking with your network provider regarding this. 

Explorer

Unfortunately, neither Samsung nor my Colombian provider could help me. I kept being refered to someone else. My phone would not accept any Colombian sim card and it seems it had to do with the registration of phone itself in Colombia. In the end the only solution to unblock my phone was to use an online unblocking service. This worked perfectly. My phone was unblocked and I was then able to register my phone in Colombia without any problems.

Hello bro,

could you tell me what is the onlinle unblocking service you have mentioned because I have the same issue. 

I appreciate your help. 

Explorer

Sure. I wrote to about 10 of them, some did not reply, some did not come over as trustworthy and some said they could not unlock dual sim phones. In the end I used UnlockBoot  https://store.unlockboot.com/. You can chat with them via their site or write to them via support@unlockboot.com. It cost a bit more than some others (USD 49) but they did it via TeamViewer and it was well worth it.  Just a tip: once you get the code I had a long delay when entering each digit: enter a digit, wait, listen for the click, then enter the next. Best of luck!

Observer

Hey @apv , i am currently facing the same error "sim network blocked, please enter the PUK", what i want to clarify is did the online unblocking company which you specified gave you the PUK code too ?? how did the process go and what all did they provide you with? can you be a bit more elaborate on the procedure please.

Thankyou

Highlighted
Explorer

Hi. As mentioned previously, they did it via remote access using TeamViewer. Just connect your phone to your laptop, install TeamViewer and let them do the rest. And yes, of course, they will give you the necessary codes.If you prefer not do give them remote access, there are other service providers: you just give them your IMEI codes and they will later simply send you the codes you need. However, I had a dual sim phone and only few told me they could do it. When you enter the code though keep in mind there is a rather long delay when entering each digit, so do it slowly. Best of luck.

Top Liked Authors