Support

Open search

S9 plus - text and swiping slow

SOLVED
Apprentice

I followed the post about downloading the language pack for the keyboard and updated the language pack.  But I find the on-screen keyboard (Google and Samsung) too painfully slow and almost unusable . Sometimes you have to press the keys 3-4 Times for it to respond, also the same when you select an auto complete word. I also find I have to  swipe on screen several times.

This message took 4 minutes to type , it would have took 30 seconds on my S7.

I'm running the latest build on a UK SIM free device.

Any ideas as most disappointed with the device at the moment. 

Regards,

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

Hi All,

Just an update and solution.  I left my Zagg Glass Curve Elite screen protector in-place, but went into Settings  Advanced Features and selected  Touch Sensitivity. The phone now works fine with no performance or lag issues when typing. I'm now happy with the phone and performance.

Hope this helps others.

Regards, 

Steve 

11 REPLIES 11
AntS Moderator

Hi @dragon991. :robothappy:

Is it just the keyboard and swipe that are slow? And any joy solving this by following the steps in the Health MOT?

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Apprentice

Hi Ant,

Thank you for the reply. I checked the items on the MOT, phone restarted several times, firmware updated a couple of days back and all apps updated.  Storage space is fine too.

Very noticeable slow when typing on the keyboard and swiping. Sometimes works better if no reflections or bright light on the screen, could be a coincidence? When it's bad it's bad, slow or keys not responding, can't use auto suggest at top of keyboard or swipe, scroll on the screen. 

Regards ,

Steve 

Apprentice

Hi All,

Just an update and solution.  I left my Zagg Glass Curve Elite screen protector in-place, but went into Settings  Advanced Features and selected  Touch Sensitivity. The phone now works fine with no performance or lag issues when typing. I'm now happy with the phone and performance.

Hope this helps others.

Regards, 

Steve 

Highlighted
Explorer
S8/+ - a similar speed issue can be rectified by releasing 'developer options' see 'Jimmy is Promo' On YouTube...Freddie
Observer

I have a new S9 Plus that I put a Zagg Glass Curve Elite screen protector on. it fits perfectly with no bubbles or marks. The negative is that for whatever reason, I can't type anything without other letters popping up and not always letters that are along side of each other--like maybe a "U" where an "I" was supposed to go. Sometimes two or 3 sentences are jumbled up and make no sense at all. I called Zagg and they sent me a new screen which also fits perfectly, but the typing issue is still there. While the first screen was off, there didn't seem to be any issue with letters being jumbled, but as soon as it was on, it's back. I have set the hard press button on and also increased the screen sensitivity to max as recommended and still the same. About ready to go without a screen. My S7 Edge that I took swimming a month ago, never had an issue with the Zagg glass screens. Anyone else experience this strange behavior? Thanks Jack

First Poster

Thanks a lot. I was facing the exact same problem from the time I put on the screen protector.

I just increased the touch sensitivity and it works just fine. :-)

ChrisM Moderator

Great to hear, @Sid2018! Thanks for letting us know.

Observer

I have this problem how to sold that very slow type ing

First Poster

thanks, fixed my problem

Top Liked Authors