Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 plus on Android 9 issues

(Topic created on: 13-05-2019 04:04 PM)
samquest
Apprentice
Options

I have the following issues with my Galaxy S9+ on Android 9 and would be grateful for resolutions. Thank you!

In Contacts: At the top of the page there is 'Whats New’ & underneath ‘Try sharing your profile’  I do not wish to share my profile & do not want to see this at the top of the page every time I go to my contacts. How can I remove it?

Bixby:  I wish to disable the Bixby button on the side of my Galaxy S9+. However I cannot see how I can do this without first registering/setting up Bixby. I do not wish to set up & use Bixby.  How can I simply disable this button?

Typing auto replace: I find that words I am typing are being auto replaced with other words that I do not wish to include. I am happy to see options of different words underneath which I can manually replace, but I do not want to current auto replacement. How can I change this?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Bixby: I wish to disable the Bixby button on the side of my Galaxy S9+. However I cannot see how I can do this without first registering/setting up Bixby. I do not wish to set up & use Bixby. How can I simply disable this button?
No, this is a feature in the Bixby App

Typing auto replace: I find that words I am typing are being auto replaced with other words that I do not wish to include. I am happy to see options of different words underneath which I can manually replace, but I do not want to current auto replacement. How can I change this?

-> Go to the settings of the keyboard (Open the keyboard and go to the settings icon -> Smart Typing -> Auto replace -> Turn it off for the languages where you wish to turn it off. 

I don't know the answer of the other question :winking-face: 

0 Likes