Support

Open search

S9 pie upgrade - Hate the new look

Highlighted
Apprentice

BTW, OnePlus is looking pretty good right now... after being a Samsung household since the Galaxy S2, upgrading yearly.

I'll probably still buy their M.2 and SSD drives for my PC though.

If this Samsung UI is not changed back soon, I'm leaving their wireless division in the dust for Oxygen OS.

Highlighted
Voyager

I'm using the icons called :The Dawn II

Hope this gets through, I keep getting booted out when I hit the post button 

Highlighted
Observer
Totally agree. I have been holding back on the updates precisely because of the new icons I saw on the new phones. I even held back on buying S10 because of it lol.

But because I was facing issues with some contacts not showing up on the phone app, I decided to update with no hesitation, forgetting all the sentiments I mentioned above :)))))) Only to be greeted by super odd colour schemes and kid-ish icons????? I know you can customise and so I tried looking for themes for icons but cmon, it all looks so out of place with all the non samsung apps...

I don't believe Samsung has such bad taste in graphics... did they intentionally make it ugly to force people to make purchases of themes??????
Highlighted

I alsof hate the new icons. I got them on my j6 plus.

I just sold the j6 and got back to my old A3 and new I don't have the pie update anymore. 

Highlighted
Just Browsing
I thought i was the only one..I SIMPLY HATE THE NEW UPGRADE,the look in itself is childish,comon samsung this is not progressive its a nightmare!
Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi Kat,

I agree with you about the update, it's yucky!
People have been complaining for months now and I don't understand why Samsung hasn't done anything about it??

Now (Samsung) are trying to get me to upgrade to the new Galaxy 20, but who's to say they won't change the look of that one too?
I don't trust Samsung anymore  :( 

Highlighted
First Poster

I've been using The Dawn II icon pack since the Pie upgrade....much happier

Highlighted
Apprentice
Thank you, I'll have to give the Dawn II icon pack a go then :)
Highlighted
First Poster

I have just update my Galaxy S9 to Android 10 with One UI 2.0 and the Recent Apps switcher is even worse. The new swipe left-and-right gesture doesn't work very well and the transition animation is the worst — it's very choppy. (Plus the Recent Apps switcher still automatically pushes the current app to the right, which does not happen on the original Android 9.0 Pie recent apps switcher). On the previous One UI 1.0 it wasn't that bad. Now with the choppy transitions…

Please, please, Samsung, unless your alternative is much better than Google's, leave the original Android experience untouched. At least give us a setting to choose whcih style we want. I want to experience the real Google Pixel style of Recent Apps with the pie button gesture.

Oh, for the icons, you can go to Galaxy Themes and install the Material Design icon pack. It is not fully compatible with Nova Launcher so you need to manually change icons with another icon pack.

Highlighted
Voyager

Try wiping the cache partition, if that doesn't work the next step is a factory reset. 

I always do a factory reset after an operating system change. 

Bit of a nuisance but my phone runs really sweet on 10 and you can install the good lock stuff to change the recent apps etc. 

Top Liked Authors