Support

Open search

S9 pie upgrade - Hate the new look

Voyager

I have to apologize for the previous comment, its another wonderful thing that samsuck does on the phones, the display moves about while I am assembling a post.

As I was trying to say; I paid cash for a nice new Note 9, took it home and got to use it for about 2 weeks and then it changed the OS. It now sits in hte box it came in, on the desk as a reminder to be resistant to the BORG. I got a Note 8 in the interem it was operating on Oreo, not PIE. It just pushed the PIE undate and now it is a wonderful piece of S**t PIE. Yummy!

I did however find an icon pack that made me feel a little better. It is called "The Dawn II". It has a olde tyme feel but at least it isnt like the Fiher price toy that Samsung shoved down our throat.Smaller phone.jpg

Voyager

Should've switched off auto update in dev settings! 

Anyway, for an older phone I would just root it and run what you like. Got to be careful with the newer phones because of the warranty, when you root it trips the knox apparently. 

But, if your boot loader number is a 1 or a 2 I'd just reinstall oreo if you prefer it and turn off updates. 

@Maxozone have you still not reinstalled oreo on that note yet? I thought you were going to or had? 

Apprentice

I look to find it and it says if I do I will lose everything...Ive been researching how to do it safely so as not to ruin my phone.. never had a problem one with this phone.. great battery life.. fast charge.. did all I wanted and more .. now its just so aggravating to look at and fiddle through .. I didnt want this *****.. I wanna petition lawmakers to force Samsung to write laws that say they cant have all these Corporate laws in their favor doing what they want after they have made iff with my 1000$.. this is not the phone I bought..so now im scouring the web trying to find the safe way and the right SD card or whatever I need.. im going to my Senator on this one...I recommend everyone else do the same or this will only get more intrusive and more Communistic feeling..I know there are people who like it or what ever but Inknow theres more who hate it and Samsung dont care.. so.. we must go to the law makers and once a company has our money they must ask permission to change our product.. we own it , we use it.. we know what we like.. these Corporations are out of control all over the world.. people have no ability to do what they want all at the hands of the all mighty dollor.. but see its our dollor that made them rich so im not putting uo with this *****.. everyone call your lawmaker... im so p****d Ive got to get off thus dam thing before I smash it!!! I want to look at other brands but its probably all the same until we do something...

Voyager

We did that with my finaces NOte8(she is with Verizon) and it did it anyway.  THank you for the suggestion.

Apprentice
Im with Verizon, and they act like they had no control of this but ive read Verizon, Google, and others were helping them all along...
Voyager
I watched a few different video instructions on how to do it, and this is what I got: 1) Goto Sammobile site find your phones set of OS updates, choose the latest oreo version 8.0.... and download it( I put it on my desktop) 2) Download the latest Odin from the Sammobile site also to the desktop. 3) Download Smart switch onto your computer, and to your phone. 4) Plug the phone into the computer and do a complete backup(I did one on the computerm one on samsucks site, and also to Google. I tried it one time and we had a storm that made my internet hiccup so the phone went into a bootup loop. Hard reset it and stopped for the night. One person mentioned in one post that the version number was inportant. 1 or 2, but if you have a 3 it won't work but I dunno about that and would suggest looking into ihat also
In all my wrangling on the phone with my carrier, and Samsung I did get one tech to confirm that the procedure for going back will work. I have just been too busy and cannotbe without my phone right now for a few weeks, otherwise I would spend the time to do it again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0qEM5j34QI This is the one I found most helpful. Cheers!!
Voyager

I watched a few different video instructions on how to do it, and this is what I got: 1) Goto Sammobile site find your phones set of OS updates, choose the latest oreo version 8.0.... and download it( I put it on my desktop) 2) Download the latest Odin from the Sammobile site also to the desktop. 3) Download Smart switch onto your computer, and to your phone. 4) Plug the phone into the computer and do a complete backup(I did one on the computerm one on samsucks site, and also to Google. I tried it one time and we had a storm that made my internet hiccup so the phone went into a bootup loop. Hard reset it and stopped for the night. One person mentioned in one post that the version number was inportant. 1 or 2, but if you have a 3 it won't work but I dunno about that and would suggest looking into ihat also
In all my wrangling on the phone with my carrier, and Samsung I did get one tech to confirm that the procedure for going back will work. I have just been too busy and cannotbe without my phone right now for a few weeks, otherwise I would spend the time to do it again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0qEM5j34QI This is the one I found most helpful. Cheers!!

Voyager

I got the file elsewhere myself but I also looked up the whole build number thing so I really knew what I was looking for. 

Once the file is downloaded you don't need the internet, it's just between the pc and the phone. 

I'd suggest googling the phone and pie to oreo, read as much as you can. Some of the fixes if things go wrong don't work any more as I found out lol. 

I got this blue screen thing saying to contact samsung but I managed to get back into download mode while connected to the pc and installed perfect. 

When you swipe down from the top of the screen, it gives you the quick buttons, like flashlight and the brightness setting... scroll over til you see navigation bar, unselect it 

Observer

This situation has us wondering if we want to continue using Samsung phones I need to make it be able to go back.

Top Liked Authors