Support

Open search

S9 pie upgrade - Hate the new look

Apprentice

send some pics absolutely no responsibility for the negative effect on our devices is by the pie update they simply tell me to wait for another update.

Observer

I agree! I hate it so much, my phone automatically updated itself this morning to it and i want to cry. It is so hideous and cheap and i hate eberything about it. Makes me want to not use my phone. I love everything about how it was earlier. I hate the new icons everything is big and cheqp, ugly looking, i hate that i dont have to swipe up for the three main buttons anhmore and they are just sitting there and the notificationa and the time etcetcetc

First Poster

I'm on a Note 9 and I absolutely hate the cartoon icons. They're lumpy, the colours are dead and it's actually quite confusing to 'read' them. As a designer, I find them offensive. On top of that, losing the ability to keep scrolling through the screens is yet another example of losing an advantage over the dreaded ios interface. It's a small thing but Android users have chosen it over the Apple offering, so discontinuing the differences is mad.

Time to change it back Android!

First Poster

Does anybody know how to get the old look back?

Just got my new 9+ 2days ago. Really pleased with the look of the phone layout  and home screen 

same as my S7. Later on the 2nd day I get notification of a software update to Pie. Waited for the 

update to complete and then looked at the new home screen and said to myself what the hell 

is this. The home screen now looks terrible and looks like the icons have been changed / designed

by 5to 8yr olds. I absolutely hate the new layout so much that I've got  11 days to return the phone to the suppliers  because it's now not the " smart" smartphone I bought. I truly hate this update with a passion. Samsung what have you done ?  Expensive phone totally ruined by *****s in the design office no doubt. ( Did they let their little children do this). 

Alex Steel

Go to the galaxy apps store and search an app called, Good lock 18 or good lock 2018 once completed downloading find the app on your phone and go through the other apps it has on it lots of modifications there's a few things I expect that should be updated and hopefully itll come soon

Apprentice

Good lock dosnt show in my galaxy app store, but I did find a way to put the notification clock back where it belongs on the right hand side, if you install system UI tuner from the play store and then install ADB using a laptop or computer you can move the clock back with out root. This link should give a better explanation 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.xda-developers.com/move-status-bar-clock-right-samsung-one-ui/amp/

I couldn't agree more! This is a HORRIBLE UPDATE, THE LOOK, THE FEATURES, I DID NOT PURCHASE A HIGH END PHONE TO HAVE IT LOOK LIKE A TOY! SAMSUNG - CHANGE THIS FOR YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS PLEASE! Unless they're 14, nobody is going to like this update. And what's with the home keys changing, and I missed a potentially good selfie shot with my dogs because I couldn't quickly with one hand switch camera views. This is AWFUL! Awful!
Apprentice

yeah, but when you use a theme, samsung blocks night time mode. sucks.

Observer

100% agree.. it is horrible!!! I am gutted! Samsung... please put the looks back... it looks absolutely terrible!!! Not impressed!

Top Liked Authors