Support

Open search

S9 pie upgrade - Hate the new look

Apprentice
No you cannot move the clock. I spent 2hrs on the phone with tech dept trying fix my phone from this hideous, cruddy, annoying, childish looking "update ". As much as I have loved the galaxy line, I am afraid tgat unless they remove this *****ic stuff and revert back, I am done with them. That will include any other Samsung products or appliances.

Not only did it make the phone look designed for a 3 year old, but I made the mistake of letting the tech remotely access my phone trying to move the clock. and he deleted all of my wifi passwords for work.

Battery life now stinks, and all of a sudden it has killed my storage. I was less than 40% on my sd card. Today it was full. In 2 days! Wth?
Apprentice

@Agitated, you can move the clock to the right side if you download the app "Good Lock" by Samsung from the Galaxy app store. To switch it, all you have to do is open the app and hit QuickStar (you have to install this extension, but it lets you do that from the app). Then you click "Clock Position" and hit "right." If you do this, it fixes it. *When you do this, you may also have to go back into QuickStar, select "Visibility of indicator icons", and turn on all the icons under the "system icons" section, so that the icons such as WiFi, mobile data, battery, etc. will appear alongside the clock as well.

P.S. This has very little to no battery usage. As long as I've had it, I've noticed almost no difference in my battery or performance.

Apprentice

I should have been clear, my phone is the Note 8 but the update push was identical to the S9.  However, even after 2 hours with the Samsung tech having remote access, the clock could not be moved or deleted.  Plus he cleared all of my wifi/extender access and settings.  So basically he really messed it up.  I am guessing their people working on updates were wanting something to keep them employed so they put together is "update" to mess up everyone's phones so they'll have job security through the summer.  They have to earn their paychecks somehow, right?.... I mean seriously, I did not ask for my phone operation to be changed. I did not ask for the appearance to look like a 3 year old toddler toy.  I did not ask to miss phone calls from my doctors about my pain medication and MRI, and spinal surgeon appointments, but thanks to them, I did, which in turn the VA interprets as me blowing them off.  Just Awesome jerks!!!

Voyager

@Agitated wrote:

I should have been clear, my phone is the Note 8 but the update push was identical to the S9.  However, even after 2 hours with the Samsung tech having remote access, the clock could not be moved or deleted.  Plus he cleared all of my wifi/extender access and settings.  So basically he really messed it up.  I am guessing their people working on updates were wanting something to keep them employed so they put together is "update" to mess up everyone's phones so they'll have job security through the summer.  They have to earn their paychecks somehow, right?.... I mean seriously, I did not ask for my phone operation to be changed. I did not ask for the appearance to look like a 3 year old toddler toy.  I did not ask to miss phone calls from my doctors about my pain medication and MRI, and spinal surgeon appointments, but thanks to them, I did, which in turn the VA interprets as me blowing them off.  Just Awesome jerks!!!

I think good lock works with all the samsung phones including the note 8. You can move the clock with it. 

For other problems I'd do a back up of anything you want to save then do a factory reset. That way it should be like a new phone, all fresh and ready to set up the way you want. Well, best you can with pie.

But yeh, I'd do that then install goodlock. 

First Poster

This only changed the clock. :(

Apprentice
Samsung is saying they have no responsibility for anything Google created. I disagree. Google would have required Samsung's approval to roll out the update. But they refuse to rollback the update, saying it's impossible to do. I disagree there, too. I've read about how to rollback the Pie, but it sounds very complicated. Are there tech stores that will do it?
Apprentice

Samsung didn't like that nobody would use Bixby, so they fixed it so that Bixby is shoved in our faces more prominently now. Wherever something doesn't make sense, follow the money. These horrible changes are making Samsung a huge profit. Since Samsung just told me that we now have the same software on Galaxy as the Google Pixel, I'll just buy Google Pixel the next time. There's room on the curb for Samsung.

Apprentice
Oh be careful you don't hurt their feelings with your langugage! On the phone yesterday, I asked a man whether he was lying intentionally, or just stupid. He warned me that he would not accept obscenities! (The nuns who schooled me wouldn't allow obscenties, but "stupid" wasn't on their list!)
Observer

I absolutely HATE it, it couldn't be more offensive if every icon were *****.  It's absolutely disgusting and needs a rollback asap.  

Explorer

Has contacted the numerous times they keep telling me to wait for the next update. They take no responsibility any of the negative effects to our phone for the update.

Top Liked Authors