Support

Open search

S9 pie upgrade - Hate the new look

Voyager

@Paultech wrote:

@Enjay wrote:

@Jensays wrote:

Where did you get a copy of the previous OS?  Did it also fix the ugly interface to go back one version?

@Enjay wrote:

You can run any security software like you do on a pc anyway. Oreo is fantastic imo, I reinstalled it after trying pie. I didn't have any real issues with pie but just prefer oreo and it's my phone. Used the official firm ware and Odin. 

A lot of people just use sammobile but I just googled samsung s9 pie to oreo and found another site explaining the process with links to the software. I'll need to fire up the pc to see where it was. 

It puts the phone back to the way it was when new, they came with oreo installed. You choose the software based on your phone model, region, network provider etc so my phone is as I bought it. 

I don't know where you live and when you did this, but you were lucky. Samsung upped the bootloader version in most countries' Pie version to a version higher than the last Oreo that come out, so it is not possible to roll back anymore.

They did on some and not others, I seen a guy running the latest pie update and his number was a 1! 

As long as it's a 1 or a 2 you're fine though. Mine was still 2, only went as far as the march patch with pie. 

But yeh, I've seen the latest update with 1 2 or 3, no idea why.

Only thing is you probably need to go pie to get Android 10 when it comes out and it might be good lol 

Voyager

All,

Finally got up the nerve to roll back to Oreo. Not too sure what happened but upon reboot it got stuck on that pink splash page of T-Mobiles. I followed all that I absorbed from the vids on YouTube. Felt confident like I was  "YouTube certified" .

Has anyone had similar problems?  I got the original soft ROM from Sammobile and got it in the download mode(lucky), then got it back to its P**s poor Pie.  Maybe I missed a bit somewhere along. It is a Note8. Wanted to make sure I got it down before trying it on the 9.

Observer

Couldn't agree more, the clock on the left really annoys the life out of me and there's not even an option to sort it!!

Apprentice

@Woody wrote:
I get the security software side of things but then there's the vulnerabilities and since the S9 Oreo is old now there's probably many. You can't win in this game.

Actually you can: you don't buy a Samsung phone until the company decides to care about its customers.

That's what I did by the way, I loved the S9+, but decided to forget about Samsung and go with its sister (LG).

Voyager

@Maxozone wrote:

All,

Finally got up the nerve to roll back to Oreo. Not too sure what happened but upon reboot it got stuck on that pink splash page of T-Mobiles. I followed all that I absorbed from the vids on YouTube. Felt confident like I was  "YouTube certified" .

Has anyone had similar problems?  I got the original soft ROM from Sammobile and got it in the download mode(lucky), then got it back to its P**s poor Pie.  Maybe I missed a bit somewhere along. It is a Note8. Wanted to make sure I got it down before trying it on the 9.

Did you leave it for a while? After I reinstall oreo it sits on the one screen for ages but it's still doing things in the background. I just leave it and it eventually starts up. After that it's all normal. 

You could also try wiping cache partition, starting in safe mode etc 

First Poster
Hi. I have also lost the notification counter on the home page that I had to set up myself to get it back how I had it before. Instead of seeing the counters I now have to open Messages/Messenger/Facebook etc to see if there is anything there. Extremely annoying!!! 😡😡
Navigator

Goodlock. Get it from the Samsung store.

Anyhoo, I just tried calling Samsung. After keeping me waiting for half an hour they dropped the call instead of picking it up. I used to work at a call centre, it was a sacking offence.

Navigator

I called them again. Call dropped after exactly 30 minutes. Again. They don't answer calls, they just have a piece of software that makes you think you're in a queue for half an hour.

AndrewL Moderator
@Arya1999: Sorry to hear that you're having troubles getting through to the Samsung Help Desk. They may be having technical issues, however you may wish to try another avenue such as Live Chat via the Samsung website. Please check the link below to find out more.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/#contact
Navigator

Tried the web chat, they called me back and put me through to another line with an appalling connection. The person on that line didn't seem to understand what I wanted and then she referred me back to the line that keeps dropping my calls.

JESUS!!!! I started trying to contact Samsung at 11 am, it's now 1.30pm.

Top Liked Authors