Support

Open search

S9 pie upgrade - Hate the new look

Just Browsing

I agree, the new pie ugrade is horrible. The app icon bagas look stupid and ugly. I liked the old design of the icons which made the phone look better however, like the others said the new design looks childish. Furthermore, the new design of samsung apps are unappealing and make me not what to use them.  And make screen recording a thing. 

Just Browsing

I agree, the new pie ugrade is horrible. The app icon bagas look stupid and ugly. I liked the old design of the icons which made the phone look better however, like the others said the new design looks childish. Furthermore, the new design of samsung apps are unappealing and make me not what to use them.  And make screen recording a thing. 

Apprentice
Me too, and I've been buying Samsung Galaxy S phones for over 9 years. If this was supposed to push us into buying the new S10, it's going to backfire on Samsung.
Samsung was a product I really trusted, well I used to :(
Observer

i also hate the new look.

feels like a down grade of the phone.

the person repsonsible for this update should be fired at least... if not more.

Voyager

You won't be able to downgrade a new Android that ships with Pie

Pie may come with AVB 2.0, which disables booting with older rollback images. (Source: XDA)

Android Verified Boot (AVB) was present on some phones with Oreo. Google have implemented it to protect against outdated security patches. The company will also impose it on new phones with Pie out of the box. AVB may also make non-stock firmware building more difficult.
First Poster

I agree! ! It is sooooo Ugly and cheap looking, like a toddlers phone. Themes and ikons from Samsung store cannot change the placement othef clock (now on the left) nor  ikons in app etc. So disappointed   

Voyager

In the United States, The Federal Trade Commission is the one to file complaints; https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc

I encourage every disgrundled customer to do this.

Voyager

Reminds you of this?

81Q2jJv4qNL._SY550_.jpg

Just Browsing

The few free themes suck. So I have to pay $ to get rid of their mistakes... thanks samsung

Just Browsing

Hi there I too hate what they have done to the look of the note 9 with this update. I went to get the members app you recommended here but it says my phone is not compatible... thanks again Samsung for your well thought out commitment to your customer base... NOT!

Top Liked Authors