Support

Open search

S9 pie upgrade - Hate the new look

First Poster

Using the themes makes everything worse. I have used their themes for years now and ever since this update, the themes change the color of the text now, which they never used to do. So depending on what app I'm in and whatever colors the theme is using for the text, sometimes I can't see the time and notifications text depending on what app I'm in. For example right now I can see the time/notifications, but when I open the messages app and I'm texting the text color for the time and notifications is so light I can't see it. So if I'm typing a long text in a hurry, I can't just look at the top of the screen and see what time it is. It is extremely frustrating. I've tried several themes and the text color or the background color is all messed up AND these themes are NOT FREE! Major fail Samsung. I also don't like the new look either, I agree fully that it looks like a cheap phone now. One of the reasons I purchased the galaxy phones for the past 9 years was the whole look of everything, now it's just so plain and boring. I was all ready to upgrade to the S10, until this update came out and the S10 is going to have the same look/problems. Major FAIL samsung  

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hey there, I dislike all themes in general. So I have the updated s/w but changed the icons, I added images on my previous post. Samsung has created a pre installed app that I noticed after the update, see if you can select an icon without changing your phones whole display setting. The icon option lets you keep everything the way it is, it only changes the icons, on the bottom of thre screen there is an icon section, try it, hope it helps... Screenshot_20190315-215115_Galaxy Themes.jpg

Apprentice

Here what I've made for better appearance:

Settings 》Display 》Screen zoom, set to minimum.

Settings 》Display 》Home screen, set home screen grid 5x6, apps screen grid 5x6.

Turned on night mode.

Default font and icons looks much sharper now, my butt less burning.

First Poster

I agree! This new upgrade is like a downgrading to a child's phone like they are trying to dumb down the Adult's! I am going to look into how to downgrade my phone to the last upgrade and I don't know if I can I am pissed that I paid $1000 for a phone and pay over $300 a month for 3 lines and have to be treated like a child on my cellphone that's what my kids are for not my phone.

Navigator

Totally agree I hate everything about this hideous update. I left iPhone for this very reason  I loved the Samsung as it reminded me of the old iPhones with crisp details in the icons. I loved the fact with Samsung I could choose colours and wallpapers. In fact I loved everything about it then it all was lost after the update this morning. I actually hate picking up my phone now... cheap ***** feel and icons are as bad as apples. Total garbage. If I cant roll back to previous firmware or this stays I'm not stopping with Samsung. I actually feel like my phone has been robbed. 

Navigator
I shouldn't have too. Plus it still doesn't change the fact the interface is total *****... I want my phone back with the previous firmware..
Navigator
Totally agree I'm foaming I feel like throwing my note 8 out the window... I feel robbed. Why cant they be upfront and admit they dropped the ball and let us roll back to previous firmware/software i loved my phone previously and actively encouraged ppl to ditch the iPhone. They might as well stick with the iPhone as this is as bad now..
Navigator
Has the question been asked who the ***** in the tech team thought this rubbish update was clever? Simple fix let us that want to revert back be able too....
Apprentice
Much more like a downgrade than an upgrade, i hope Samsung is actually seeing our comments.
Apprentice
It would have been nice to be given an option to upgrade or different levels of it atleast. The icon colours are ugly, bricks by brick. Cant wait for the next one, am sure it will look like the previous version.
Top Liked Authors