Support

Open search

S9 pie upgrade - Hate the new look

First Poster

I don't like the look either. It's terrible and childish! Why change something that works fine, just because you are releasing a new phone with a new Andoid OS and then want to change everything... It's stupid, otterly stupid!

Apprentice

NO Samsung. I DO NOT want to turn on Read Confirmation! SAMSUNG! Have you even tested this!? Have you used it yourselves? Remove Android One NOW! 

Voyager

You are 100% correct! I have wasted two days trying to get the phone back to the one I bought. I have exahusted every avenue. It is going back to the store.  I hope I can find another phone like the Note, with all of the abilities it used to have. I don't play games. THe last video game I played was called Pong. I liked the 'businesslike' look and operability of it. I had the Note 4  for a long time and just loved it. I was just getting that way with the new Note 9 and nowit is useless to me. 

It may have the same functionality, however, I did not purchase the hunt & peck Fisher-Price toy, at the store I bought a certain feel and ease of operation, that all changed in a few minutes along with my respect for Samsung.

Voyager
You are 100% correct! I have wasted two days trying to get the phone back to the one I bought. I have exahusted every avenue. It is going back to the store. I hope I can find another phone like the Note, with all of the abilities it used to have. I don't play games. THe last video game I played was called Pong. I liked the 'businesslike' look and operability of it. I had the Note 4 for a long time and just loved it. I was just getting that way with the new Note 9 and nowit is useless to me.

It may have the same functionality, however, I did not purchase the hunt & peck Fisher-Price toy, at the store I bought a certain feel and ease of operation, that all changed in a few minutes along with my respect for Samsung.
Apprentice
In reply to The_V Apprentice, it appears the AOD defaults to 'Tap to show'. Go to Settings-Lock Screen-Always on display and change the 'Display mode'.
Highlighted
Explorer

Thank you πŸ™‚

Apprentice
I hate the change on my S9. Now going back and forth from my S8+ is confusing. I don't even want to use the S9 now.
Apprentice
I just want it the way it always has been. Not fooling around with new themes.
First Poster

Totally agree! Now is so childish and so sweet. I will didn't surprise when I find a unicorn somwhere there! What was wrong with those old icons SAMSUNG? They were so nice and looks very professional. Please change that asap!

And I didn't mention about how messages, phone book or a gallery looks like! And yes, it looks like a *. 

Voyager

from the comments, I see that there are icon packs that you can buy to install in the 9's.. More money on top of the phone...

Top Liked Authors