Support

Open search

S9 pie upgrade - Hate the new look

First Poster

I hate this new look. I don't want to have to pay and download more stuff on my phone for something that I loved before. Why change the side swipe for clearing apps?!? Samsung is known for that and not a swipe up like apple. I have been a loyal Samsung user all my life and I love how crisp it is and how you can customize it just the way you want. I just bearly got this phone and got it all set up the way I want and now I have to change that all up!??! What was wrong with the clock on the right??! I don't want to have to download random themes and pay for that. I loved the clean colorful apps from before. I had all my apps color coded and now it's all messed up for no reason. And why did they take away the option of taking away the hideous white background that is only on some apps from settings?? I. HATE. THIS UPDATE. Please fix it.

First Poster

I hate the new update!! The theme and the buttons look terrible. When I got message it don't pop up like before. Do Samsung read all this? Do they listen to what people have to say ?

First Poster

1970 calls and want this theme back so bad so uglyScreenshot_20190222-184312_Samsung Internet.jpg

Apprentice
I dislike this new look and feel so much I has to get my phone programmed back to my android 8 way I like it, this update is definitely 5 steps BACKWARDS.

If you'd like to see how I got my phone back the way I like it please message me or reply I'll show you how I did it

SAMSUNG PLEASE EITHER DO BETTER OR ALLOW CUSTOMERS TO RUN THE OS OF THEIR CHOOSING!!!!!!!!! WE DIDN'T BUY PHONES FOR YOU TO CHANGE OUR WHOLE INTERFACE WITH NO WAY OF GETTING IT BACK TO HOW WE LIKE IT
Apprentice

Yes, please, let us know! I'd love to get my beautiful s9 back!
Thanks in advance!

Susana

First Poster

Yes please. It will be great to get back to the phone I bought.

Thank you.

Apprentice

I agree Janiac, this new look is a shocker!

I first purchased the original Samsung Galaxy S back in 2010 and I've always been happy with their products, until now with this upgrade, it's awful! Had I have known I wouldn't have done the upgrade.
The icons and the colours are terrible, how can I change it back?

Apprentice

Please show us how you did it and thank you

Apprentice

DOWNLOAD ODIN 3.13.1 from this link :

https://odindownloader.com/category/download

Then Download your phones Firmware from this link :

https://updato.com/

You'll also need to DL the Samsung Driver for your phone model and install it on your computer

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE TEE FROM THE site. And it should work for you as it did for me, I also watched a YouTube video where a guy flashed his s6 from Samsung Pie back to it's original form and followed his process with my S9. It really helped now I love my phone again because I couldn't stand that PIE forceful garbage update. It looked just like a wanna be google phone iPhone. I couldn't deal with it or I would've broke and changed phones and companies. Hope this information helps!

1. Open Odin

2. Put the firmware downloaded files in Odin

(They're all labeled so it easy)

3. Turn off phone

4. Put your phone in download mode

(Power key + volume down +Bixby button

5. Connect phone to computer and it will pop up in Odin 

6. Should have uploaded 4 files from your firmware download into Odin 

7. MAKE SURE REPARTITION IS NOT CHECKED 

8. Press start

9. Itll reflash your phone to the Version you chose and uploaded into Odin

With mine it got stuck on the Samsung screen for a while but I just pressed power + volume up + Bixby and it put me in developer mode, I did hard reset on my phone and it worked. So I'm back like I never left because all my info was backed up on my SD card.

All over the internet it tells you YOU CAN DESTROY YOUR PHONE SO BE CAREFUL. I hope this works for you guys the way it did for me. Samsung left me no choice their update was TOO BAD TO LIVE WITH. I REALLY WANTED TO THROW MY PHONE OUT UNTIL I GOT IT BACK TO ANDROID 8

Apprentice
Just posted how you can get your phone back, it's a lengthy process but until samsung does better it's the only way to get Android 8 🙏🏽 hope it helps you
Top Liked Authors