Support

Open search

S9 pie upgrade - Hate the new look

Highlighted
Apprentice
I completely agree. This sophisticated elegant device is now looking like a pre-school toy.
Apprentice

This UI is a travesty.

Not a single aspect of the UI makes any sense for a phone. ESPECIALLY when you are using your phone with one hand.

How dare you samsung. Did you even test this? Did you try it out and attempt to live with it? You fools just rolled back this amazing phone so backwards that I'm pretty sure I won't buy another Samsung phone. Making decisions for your customers? Throwing them in disarray because YOU think you know better on UI?

Have you used one of your phones before?

People. Companies know better than you. Stop complaining and get over it. - Samsung (probably).

First Poster

What happened to text notifications? 

Now when phone is locked I just get the vibrate and the text doesn't appear, just the text icon.  

I use to see a preview of the text on lock screen.  Is this fixable?

Apprentice
This!!!! Don't like the look of most of the update but I hate the clock on the lefthand side.

Is there a way to change this?!!?!
Apprentice

Yes, you can find it under "settings" / "lock screen" / "clock style".
Hope it helps you.

Apprentice
It doesn't help. You are mentioning the lock screen not the notification bar clock which is a huge frustration.

I dont understand why the look of my messages has changed also. Now no one has a name they are just a letter. How the hell does that help

Apprentice

I wish it did but I am not talking about the "lock screen"    

We were complaining about the "Home screen."  There is a digital clock on the upper left-hand corner where notifications usually show up.  The clock wasn't' there before this update and I wish it weren't there now.

First Poster
I now struggle to find the time when using the phone because it isn't where its been for, oh i don't know, the last 5 years.
Apprentice

I hate the update, why'd they have to go change everything that worked well?!?!

@offbyone 

For your notifications to change them back to text rather than just an icon:

Settings > Lock screen > Notifications (click on the main part not the slider) > View Style > Detailed.

Hope that helps!

Also, anyone noticed that Samsung Internet App has been updated? I'm finding some videos now dont open the videos app and I hate that settings button in the bottom right where tabs used to be...

Looks like Samsung are set on ruining our phones past the Android update!

Top Liked Authors