Support

Open search

S9 pie upgrade - Hate the new look

Apprentice
My thoughts exactly... it's has been a nightmare since I upgraded my s9... it breaks my heart even to look at my once gourgeaus phone... :(
Apprentice
Hi Sabreskye,
Could you tell us where did you find the icon pack you are talking about? And what is called? I can't stand looking at my once beautifull phone as it is now... :(
Thanks in advance.
Susana
Apprentice
It's called 'UX S9 Icon Pack'. Type that into Google. There's 1000's of icons in the pack, but scroll down to the bottom of the page and find the system icons section containing the pre-update ones. Unfortunately there's no search function, so a long scroll down!
First Poster

I 100% agree. Now i can't tell the difference between my phone and my daughters toy phone.
Samsung have really f****d this one up, this time.

I recently upgraded from my s8 to a s9 plus thinking it was a smart phone but now with this update i feel i now have a toy phone.

First Poster

I finally agreed to the update today, and i am about to throw thus phone out. Its so horrible i sm likely to go back tk my S7, it is a far more refined interface now. This new update is childish, and cartoon like. EVERY app now has all the permissions it wants, and sends notifications, snd they all seem to be running now too. I even have apps back that i uninstslled or disabled the day i got this phone. Please tell us who to actually complain to so this could be fixed. I have dozens of samsung products in both my houses, and if this cant get resolved soon, they will get replaced too. So Effen angry with this dumpster fire update

Almost forgot, every app is now set to allow notifications, and to make it better, they all do it at least twice!

Highlighted
Explorer

Also... Side Sync is gone and incompatible after the update! 

I'm really pissed, this is outrageous and I want my $1000 back. 

Chris 

Explorer

I'd go to Samsung Customer Service, but the Samsung+ app won't open after the update...

First Poster

I did up grade and now my lock screen clock wont change grrrrr

Explorer

Me too. Issue number 200 with no end in sight. I want my money back.

First Poster

@S9pieupgrade wrote:

I just upgraded my S9 to the new Pie upgrade and I completely HATE the new look. The icons and especially the incoming/outcoming call display is HIDEOUS. I tried downloading some new themes to change the the overly colorful look but couldn't since it doesn't change the display of incoming/outgoing call.

The icons and the new look resemble to  cheap phones (no offense). But I purchased such an expensive phone because of its sharp and crisp looks and now after the update it has becoming extremely disturbing to even look at it.

I would really request Samsung to get this changed and go back to their old style of display or get a better one. This upgraded one is just horrible!!!

Frrr!! I dont like the look of this phone at all. I purchased this phone because it looked nice. The sleek design of the icons and homescreen had me and my partner so excited until this new update...the icons of the new OS update is TRASH. It appears cartoony and childlike. It looks like a bootleg version of the original android. If you're gonna update a phone...you dont change the entire look of the phone! Especially if it looks like a cheaper version of the original. Many people have spent 700-1000s of dollars on the samsung s9s and notes, so for this update to make the phone look cheap is uncool. It just confirms the bad name that all apple users give android. When I choose to buy the s9 against the iphone x, I was confident in my decision. But now...I might switch back to iphone if this look is not fixed. 

Top Liked Authors