Support

Open search

S9 pie upgrade - Hate the new look

Explorer

Also, my camera does not work even close to taking nice clear pictures. No matter what I do now, the quality is not the same.  The background looks dark even if I magnify for clarity and still is blurry. They really mess big time.

Explorer

@DannyT wrote:
Are you using the S9 @mickitx? As we've just had a look on our phones in the office and we have the Edge panels located where was discussed above. Apps > Settings > Display > Edge screen > Edge Panels.

Regarding the AOD notifications @chrism8922, could we grab a bit more info on this? We'll look into this for you.

@DannyT the AOD displays colored notification icons, and they used to be all white. I don't like the colors, they look cheap (like the rest of the new UI) .  The beauty of AOD (and Oreo as well) was in its clean simplicity. 

Observer

This new S9 pie is terrible, can't find and turn on my samsung find my phone it is no longer in settings and the multi view option is no longer in settings. The app icons look cheap like a child created it and no my phone is not quicker, sometimes its takes longer...wish I never downloaded the new software!

Apprentice

I have the S9+, followed what to do, got to Edge Screen, no option for panels 😢

Observer

where do i go to get that nova launcher and then what do i do after that to find the theme that you found that makes everything look the way it was before this stupid upgrade?

Highlighted

I have to agree! I was so disappointed after I did my upgrade this morning! No, I think disgusted is the true emotion if I'm being honest. I haven't used the phone enough to see what other changes have been made though. Come on Samsung you have to know your market. Part of the appeal of your phone is the look & design of your software. Did you think any self respecting businessperson is going to enjoy this? Thank goodness I don't work anymore.  MY husband already wont go with Samsung because he felt it looked too childish. I'm sure you can imagine the laughter when he saw this new look this morning. Its embarassing. If it was the 1st April, I really would have thought this was a prank. Please fix it!

Apprentice

Nova Launcher & UX S9 Icon Pack both in Play Store. Loaded Nova first, found it good so paid £3.99 for Prime version. Then loaded UX S9 icon pack - so I'm not sure if it works on the free version or Prime only. When the home screen opens it offers choice of Nova or Samsung screen. I picked Nova 'just once' many times until I was sure I wanted to keep with it. Blank home page first of all, but go to app drawer and edit the icons before copying them to home screen. When editing the icon there's thousands to scroll through, down to near the bottom you find System Icons where the pre-update phone, message, gallery etc reside.

All the best, it took me an hour to sort out in the end.

Apprentice

Hate, hate, hate it. It's like some bad joke from Samsung, coming before the release of their new flagship. My phone now looks like 20 bucks chinese toy. The battery lasting became awful. The camera is ruined...The look is absurd. Samsung is really proving to be Apple's doppelganger in every way. It seems like SAMSUNG does not have the balls to make their own design and take their own decisions. They have complete lack of original thinking. They now even screw up their phones to try make us buy the new model.... I bought an adult business phone 4 months ago Galaxy S9 plus. I don't have kids and Do NOT want childish look and colorful stupid icons on my business device. What the hell SAMSUNG? Why are you even paying to your developers and graphic designers. Just get rid of these departments, obviosly they're useless. How did you even decided to make a flagship business smartphone look like a cartoon network fan toy. And what about the damages to the baterry and the camera and many other fuctionalities. Hate this. I wish I haven't authorized this updated. The battery life is drastically worse. The drop down menu looks so ugly now. I've paid a solid amount of money to have the phone I liked the most 4 months ago, now I don't have it anymore. So 1000 $ for 4 months and I found myself again with a device I don't like and with really poor battery life. I want to be able to restore my software back to oreo look and functionalities or I want my money back. I'll need them to buy an adult smartphone.

First Poster

what icon pack did you find that was close? cheers

Explorer

I can't believe it's even legal to change the whole functionality of a device like this.  My wife quietly stashed away $1000 to surprise me with this exact phone, and 2 weeks later it is unrecognizable due to a new design philosophy that I fundamentally disagree with and would not have paid for.

I should make a warranty claim that the phone works differently than when I bought it. I deserve my money back. 

Top Liked Authors