Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 pie upgrade - Hate the new look

(Topic created on: 23-05-2019 01:51 PM)
S9pieupgrade
First Poster
Options

I just upgraded my S9 to the new Pie upgrade and I completely HATE the new look. The icons and especially the incoming/outcoming call display is HIDEOUS. I tried downloading some new themes to change the the overly colorful look but couldn't since it doesn't change the display of incoming/outgoing call.

The icons and the new look resemble to  cheap phones (no offense). But I purchased such an expensive phone because of its sharp and crisp looks and now after the update it has becoming extremely disturbing to even look at it.

I would really request Samsung to get this changed and go back to their old style of display or get a better one. This upgraded one is just horrible!!!

465 REPLIES 465
Woody
Voyager
Options

So my S9+ had a problem,so I sent it away to get fixed. In the mean time I have dug out my old S7E to use and I prefer the way it works over the one UI and pie. I forgot how smooth it is. I do wonder why I upgraded sometimes.

Woody'S9+
0 Likes
RKW
Apprentice
Options

Do we have a choice? I dont remember choosing to upgrade. 

0 Likes
Moyah8
Voyager
Options

@Woody wrote:
So my S9+ had a problem,so I sent it away to get fixed. In the mean time I have dug out my old S7E to use and I prefer the way it works over the one UI and Oreo. I forgot how smooth it is. I do wonder why I upgraded sometimes.

I wonder the same thing every day. 

I miss Oreo on my S9

Woody
Voyager
Options

I meant phones. If I knew now what I knew then, then I would have stayed with my S7E. Works perfectly. I just want my S9 with Oreo software but also want the latest security patches. Catch 22

Woody'S9+
0 Likes
Woody
Voyager
Options

Me too. It works perfectly. But want the latest features and patches. Can't have them both I guess.

Woody'S9+
0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options

You can run any security software like you do on a pc anyway. Oreo is fantastic imo, I reinstalled it after trying pie. I didn't have any real issues with pie but just prefer oreo and it's my phone. Used the official firm ware and Odin. 

0 Likes
Woody
Voyager
Options
I get the security software side of things but then there's the vulnerabilities and since the S9 Oreo is old now there's probably many. You can't win in this game.
Woody'S9+
0 Likes
Jensays
Journeyman
Options

Where did you get a copy of the previous OS?  Did it also fix the ugly interface to go back one version?

@Enjay wrote:

You can run any security software like you do on a pc anyway. Oreo is fantastic imo, I reinstalled it after trying pie. I didn't have any real issues with pie but just prefer oreo and it's my phone. Used the official firm ware and Odin. 

0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options

@Jensays wrote:

Where did you get a copy of the previous OS?  Did it also fix the ugly interface to go back one version?

@Enjay wrote:

A lot of people just use sammobile but I just googled samsung s9 pie to oreo and found another site explaining the process with links to the software. I'll need to fire up the pc to see where it was. 

It puts the phone back to the way it was when new, they came with oreo installed. You choose the software based on your phone model, region, network provider etc so my phone is as I bought it. 

0 Likes
Paultech
Journeyman
Options

@Enjay wrote:

@Jensays wrote:

@Enjay wrote:

A lot of people just use sammobile but I just googled samsung s9 pie to oreo and found another site explaining the process with links to the software. I'll need to fire up the pc to see where it was. 

It puts the phone back to the way it was when new, they came with oreo installed. You choose the software based on your phone model, region, network provider etc so my phone is as I bought it. 

I don't know where you live and when you did this, but you were lucky. Samsung upped the bootloader version in most countries' Pie version to a version higher than the last Oreo that come out, so it is not possible to roll back anymore.

0 Likes