Support

Open search

S9 pie upgrade - Hate the new look

Highlighted
Observer

This was absolutely the worst upgrade in the history of upgrades. All of the ICONS are cartoonish, the nav bar is there or not with no other option, and the dang clock is now on the left instead of the right. So disappointed in the "upgrade" which is really a down grade. Two thumbs way down Samsung. 

Apprentice

Just installed the Pie update and my phone is so screwed up. Names in contacts are blank, text messages only have the first letter of the contacts names, can't use my old theme, and my Chromecast will no longer work after the update. All apps are up to date. Fix this!!!! This is the WORSE update ever!!!!!

HELP!

Apprentice
It's awful for sure! I've had it 3 weeks and still feel helpless!
Voyager

I would call samsung tech support and they will try to help , if not, they will let you know that you are a meaningless customer who's only purpose is to pay them, shut up, and accept their gracious offer of a nice shiny expensive door stop. 

First Poster

It messed up my contacts too. It randomly put another contact's picture for someone that does not have a contact picture. You need to call Samsung customer service to voice your complaint to the right department. The techs will tell you you have to reset your phone. I didn't do that and I am not sure it will resolve anything. It does not seem to be happening now, but I need to give it more time. Sorry about how they messed up your phone! They wrecked what was working for us.

First Poster

Sinc the update I am experiencing numerous problems. Apart from just the fact that I hate the look. All of a suden my sound does not want to work, I have to use earphones when I want to listen to a voice note or watxh a video. I got the S9 for gaming but all of a sudden I get in game notifications that I did not get before update, its annyoing, plus I cannot answer my phone while in game anymore?  How do I go back to previous version?

Just Browsing

I feel like they sooo want to make the features and so on look like an iPhone's ! Ugh, have some pride won't ya Samsung ? If I wanted an iPhone I wouldn't have bought a Samsung phone in the 1st place ! And I really liked the previous interface, like really ! Now it's all messed up, the icons specially ! They look like they were designed for kids !

But let's talk about the Always on Display feature !! Since I've had the A5 (2017), I now own a A8 (2018), I've been fond of AOD. It's been even better with all the updates, giving us the possibility to customize it even more.

Wanna know what it looks like know ? Utter and absolute *****.

The hour display I used to find super graceful and elegant has not been spared either.

And whose idea was it to color the small icons under the hour display/clock ??

Samsung, I've been a loyal customer of yours for years, don't make turn my back on you now !

Navigator
Firstly theirs a link in a previous post to the YouTube video then go to sammobile to download Odin so that you can download the files needed to turn your phone back to oreo. I've done my note 8 at the weekend. What I did mess up on tho was I used this phone to encrypt my sd-card and now it says this phone can decrypt it yet it's still letting me store and view files on the sd-card.
First Poster

Its absolutely awful, the icons are all childish looking, the screen keeps switching off in video play and the task bar stays on permanently and wont switch off. Samsung appear to give no *****s whatsoever, saying nothing and you cant uninstall the update with out factory resetting. I and countless others pay huge contracts for their latest devices and this has seriously made me think about goimg elsewhere for a phone make wise. I can only remember such poor backwards quality with the demise of blackberry.....ill say no more...

Voyager

@Slick91 wrote:
Firstly theirs a link in a previous post to the YouTube video then go to sammobile to download Odin so that you can download the files needed to turn your phone back to oreo. I've done my note 8 at the weekend. What I did mess up on tho was I used this phone to encrypt my sd-card and now it says this phone can decrypt it yet it's still letting me store and view files on the sd-card.

Apparently the April update changes something so you can't go back to oreo. Some digit in the build number, it's changed to a 3 so any system needs to also have the 3. 

Top Liked Authors