Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 pie upgrade - Hate the new look

(Topic created on: 15-04-2019 03:39 PM)
S9pieupgrade
First Poster
Options

I just upgraded my S9 to the new Pie upgrade and I completely HATE the new look. The icons and especially the incoming/outcoming call display is HIDEOUS. I tried downloading some new themes to change the the overly colorful look but couldn't since it doesn't change the display of incoming/outgoing call.

The icons and the new look resemble to  cheap phones (no offense). But I purchased such an expensive phone because of its sharp and crisp looks and now after the update it has becoming extremely disturbing to even look at it.

I would really request Samsung to get this changed and go back to their old style of display or get a better one. This upgraded one is just horrible!!!

465 REPLIES 465
Toby-Jeanne
First Poster
Options

Agreed. This is not only HIDEOUS, but impossible to use. Guess it's time to get an apple x since this is utter $h*ť!! I'm MAD! I never asked for this "update"!!! FIX IT SAMSUNG

Kwagenaar
First Poster
Options

I just downloaded the update on my s8 and when the screen turned on i almost threw up.

BattleDragonRC
Student
Options

I hate the new update as well , I just change from iPhone to Androi after 10+years  and I was getting used to it, loved how I was able to actually have contro on MY PHONE and with this new update I am regretting changing to a SamsungNote9 . It is so ugly and anoying to use . Will have to go back to iPhone !!! 

Kdsmitty
Journeyman
Options

I agree . All this money Samsung has and throw this pie out is  Unacceptable and normally I don't comment on this stuff, But this here sucks! Throw the pie away. I cant even read the fronts and no split screen.  I paid alot of money for this Note

Kdsmitty
Journeyman
Options
Bixby is a stupid name I had to YouTube to pronounce it.. Google is the best Samsung stop trying. It's like the saying trying to reinvent the wheel
Kdsmitty
Journeyman
Options

I agree .. I just went in settings to visibly enhancement to help it out . It still sucks , and we should not have to download themes to get this ***** working right 

Enjay
Voyager
Options

@Kdsmitty wrote:

I agree . All this money Samsung has and throw this pie out is  Unacceptable and normally I don't comment on this stuff, But this here sucks! Throw the pie away. I cant even read the fronts and no split screen.  I paid alot of money for this Note

Split screen is still there, just not as nice. Hit the app button bottom left then at the top of each app screen is an icon, hit that and you have the option in there.

Catiera
First Poster
Options

I hated it too. Looked cartoonish/childish. I upgraded last night and put my phone down and didnt use it again till now. I searched and saw the post for the icon pack but you also have to install a launcher that adds a lot of other junk. So I searched play store and for $1.79 I purchased icons that are almost identical to the previous ones. (Dream Icons) the icons are slightly smaller than the folder icons but I'm not going to be picky if it gets rid of the toy phone icons. 

Jensays
Journeyman
Options
Another very unhappy user here. Given how many of us there are just in THIS forum, you'd think that someone might have come up with a solution already. Would a backup of my home screen restore it? The worst offenders among the apps is the phone, duh, did my 6 year old grandson design it? Messages changing colors and look after all these years so I'm not even sure it's the same app, particularly because it doesn't seem to be working the same. Why did they even have to change the camera icon? PLEASE Samsung, release the original icons! This wasn't an upgrade, it was a downgrade. Not only in looks, but functionality and performance as well.
Kdsmitty
Journeyman
Options

I had to go into visibly enhancement settings to see the fronts and just found out be another user how to split screen because Samsung wasn't smart enough to send out a tutorial. It seems loke they're not going to change pie because they kick out money to developers so we have to work though it until next upgrade 

0 Likes