Support

Open search

S9 pie upgrade - Hate the new look

I agree! Looks like a little kids play phone! 

I absolutely hate the new upgrade.  1st thing I thought was a child's tablet. Things aren't where they once were. I had a beautiful background in my text message threads and now its generic and ugly. I hate teal bubbles . I just noticed I can no longer swipe text veryyyyyyyy upsetting. And everything about this update is HORRIBLE. I'm switching over to iPhone. I've had enough with galaxy. I wish I could get my old software back. 

Highlighted
Navigator

@Lisadoll wrote:

I absolutely hate the new upgrade.  1st thing I thought was a child's tablet. Things aren't where they once were. I had a beautiful background in my text message threads and now its generic and ugly. I hate teal bubbles . I just noticed I can no longer swipe text veryyyyyyyy upsetting. And everything about this update is HORRIBLE. I'm switching over to iPhone. I've had enough with galaxy. I wish I could get my old software back. 

Look at about page 30.... interesting read regarding getting old software back  

Navigator

@Moyah8 wrote:

Look at about page 30.... interesting read regarding getting old software back  

I meant at about page 25.

I HATE the new look.  I;ve nver in my life been angry about a change.  Am I a three year old?  WTF!

Observer

I dont like it either and none if mine work the way I want them to either.   I hate that my windows are no longer stacked, haven't swipe up to close.  Photos are all messed up.  My lock screen is ***** and I cant make changes to it.  Very unhappy customer!  Grrrrrrrr!  Bad design decisions, Samsung! 

First Poster

which book?

Apprentice

I'm lucky enough to have just got a brand new S9 still running Android 8.

But the Software Update notification is omnipresent and I'm afraid I'll upgrade by accident one day.

How can I get rid of the Software update notification?

Voyager

@Maine wrote:

I'm lucky enough to have just got a brand new S9 still running Android 8.

But the Software Update notification is omnipresent and I'm afraid I'll upgrade by accident one day.

How can I get rid of the Software update notification?

Go into about phone, software, build number and hit it 7 times or so activate developer options. 

Then go into developer options and turn off auto update. 

You'll also want to go into software update and turn off all the auto stuff. 

I read to go into apps, show system apps and find upday and disable it too although not sure if it's needed. 

You can also turn off the notification for it but can't remember how off hand. 

You still get it when you pull down the notification up top but it won't update by itself. 

Apprentice
Thank you Enjay! I really wasn't expecting to be able to turn that off but you've got the info :-)
Top Liked Authors