Support

Open search

S9 pie upgrade - Hate the new look

Navigator
I hope that they will come out with something that fixes all of our concerns. If they did while apologizing for the screw-up,, I feel most people/customers would return to the brand. That would be a most honorable thing for the Samsung Giant to do.
I needed a new range and dishwasher to go into a house we are prepping to sell, we went to the appliance store and went right around the Samsung brand.
First Poster

I also agree..phone updated this morning. Not to mention phone keeps dropping calls now and after one ring goes straight to voicemail....no app titles on the "favorite apps" on bottom of home screen...this sucks...I have always loved Samsung but am due for an upgrade and Apple is looking pretty good if I have to use this. I HATE this update. We should be given options, not forced to change to something we dont want or like.

Observer

Hate it.  The inability to opt out of the read receipt with one selection is such a poor user experience.  The inability to control some of the other features of the phone (disable Bixby button) is irritating.  A greedy data monger must have voted for some of the features.  And seriously, those stickers are just stupid.  If I wanted to be controlled by my phone software I would have stayed with Apple.  I understand the need for change but  this one hurts.  Please fix the read receipt, let me disable Bixby, and get that freaking clock out of the status bar!  

First Poster
I am in complete agreement with you. I think it looks "childish " I liked my clean look and my choice of background in the text messages. 😶

YES! YES! YES!  I HATED THE NEW UPGRADE AS SOON AS I SAW IT.  I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO SWITCH IT BACK WITHOUT LOOSING DATA.  IF I WANTED AN IPHONE, I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT ONE.  ALSO, WHEN YOU RECEIVE AN UPDATE, YOU SHOULD BE INFORMED ABOUT WHAT IS INVOLVED BEFORE YOU UPGRADE.  THAT WAY YOU CAN DECIDE WHETHER YOU WANT YOUR PHONE TO LOOK LIKE A KINDERGARTEN KIDS PHONE.  ALL OF THE BRIGHT COLORED BUBBLES ARE JUVENILE AND DISTRACTING.  I ALMOST FLUNG MY PHONE. I HAVE AN INTENSE DISLIKE FOR MY PHONE NOW.  FIX IT SAMSUNG!

Explorer

@Nolongerafan 

You may* be able to get rid of the status bar clock - or even switch its position - by installing Samsung's own 'Good Lock' app and then installing the 'Quick Star' sub-app

Galaxy Store app > Good Lock > Quick Star > Clock position > Hide

*I say "may" because it depends upon which country you're in - apparently Good Lock is not available in all countries.

If Good Lock is available to you then this should definitely work

Pathfinder

They're fixing it for all countries, just might not have yet. Same as with any of their software, different countries get it at different times 

Highlighted
Navigator

@ash2020 wrote:

@Nolongerafan 

You may* be able to get rid of the status bar clock - or even switch its position - by installing Samsung's own 'Good Lock' app and then installing the 'Quick Star' sub-app

Galaxy Store app > Good Lock > Quick Star > Clock position > Hide

*I say "may" because it depends upon which country you're in - apparently Good Lock is not available in all countries.

If Good Lock is available to you then this should definitely work

Love that app.. never heard of it before. Thanks for the recommendation 

Apprentice

That is an app that makes you install other apps for those "enhanced" features. I'm not installing several apps just to tweak this phone. Especially when those "enhanced" features should have already been in the OS! 

Google must have done something that made Samsung remove features from the last OS version. This is just pathetic. I'm not going to rely on a bunch of apps to do something that should already be in the OS.

Shame on Samsung. Especially shame on Google. 

Pathfinder

Have you looked at other phones on YouTube running pie? They all look like ours running pie. I was checking out Huawei and the pixel etc, look the same with the very clunky bland recent apps. 

It looks like in order to have these enhanced features requires an app but at least Samsung have done that. 

Top Liked Authors