Support

Open search

S9 pie upgrade - Hate the new look

Apprentice

I sent them an email detailing my disappointment after the upgrade, this is what they said:

"We'd like you to know that Samsung is aware of this issue and will be releasing a fix on the next update real soon."

Voyager

@trulytammy wrote:

I just upgraded also. It sucks. I have have old eyes the bright blue in the texting app is hideous and hurts my eyes... ican't find any way to change this.

From what I can find you need to use an alternative text message app or a different theme. 

Navigator

I also need to send them an email about my disappointment with this update aesthetically,  but I'm sure they read these forum and see people disaapointment with this update. So much so, that they have resorted to downgrading their phone, as I have, so that we can have Back the once beauty that was Oreo on a Samsung device. 

Apprentice

lo, Yes! I had the same experience - I absolutely loved my existing theme but the phone was unseable with it. I spent a fair bit of time in finding a new one that could cope with the upgrade and correct the colours. There is a new bluer tone brightness that I cannot seem to reduce..

Apprentice
The app Tigad has an amazing icon pack. Absolutely worth it. Along with TFS Launcher. It's the best combo for me. But the Android One update is still nonsensical and feels like sabotage to make their Galaxy S10 seem like a better option.
Highlighted
Voyager

@DB9000 wrote:
The app Tigad has an amazing icon pack. Absolutely worth it. Along with TFS Launcher. It's the best combo for me. But the Android One update is still nonsensical and feels like sabotage to make their Galaxy S10 seem like a better option.

The S10 is running the same operating system, same style. Looking at reviews it doesn't look much of an upgrade from the S9. 

Observer

It is not only the icon look, but the funtionallity of some app upgraded like Gallery, it is terrible the feel of going backward. I wish I can go back to the previous upgrade 

Apprentice
Then it looks like I will no longer go for Android devices part of the Android One ecosystem. I may have to go with something like the OnePlus but I'm not a big fan of any of the Chinese stuff either. Oh boy, thanks a lot Google. Thanks a lot Samsung...
Navigator

@DB9000 wrote:
Then it looks like I will no longer go for Android devices part of the Android One ecosystem. I may have to go with something like the OnePlus but I'm not a big fan of any of the Chinese stuff either. Oh boy, thanks a lot Google. Thanks a lot Samsung...

I too feel the same way. Samsung was my second Android device after coming from BlackBerry and I truly loved the interface, this is when I had the S8. I loved it so much that I didn't place a launcher on it, but instead spent over £40 on themes for it, all in the hope of getting the dark effect as I always thought it was too bright.

Then along came OneUI..... I recall taking part in the Beta for it and within a few days of using it I came off the programme as I hated it so much. It then gets released and I'm told that the issues that were present in the Beta had been resolved... oh how wrong I was, as the issues that I had was the icons being ugly, the navigation buttons not looking original and this show the navigation buttons or use the motion gesture I'm not a fan of. Also the way it's geared for large screens with the loads of blank spaces.. I've a S9 which is in essence the perfect size for my hands, so this blank space pushing things to the bottom just wastes real estate for me! 

I love how on my S9 running Oreo I can just swipe up to reveal the beautiful buttons, and then they minimise when not in use.... on the topic of navigation buttons, the "recent app" button is so beautiful with the two "L" laying on each other head and tail like. 

The only thing I truly loved about the OneUI was the dark mode. Place that on the Oreo version and I'll NEVER EVER upgrade my phone or OS.  :-)

Voyager

I saw this earlier today possibly a light at the end of the tunnel?

Hi Maxozone,

Zandi (First Poster) posted a new reply in Galaxy S9 | S9+ on 03-04-2019 07:54 PM:

Re: S9 pie upgrade - Hate the new look

I sent them an email detailing my disappointment after the upgrade, this is what they said:

"We'd like you to know that Samsung is aware of this issue and will be releasing a fix on the next update real soon."

Top Liked Authors