Support

Open search

S9 pie upgrade - Hate the new look

Navigator

Here is a stop gap suggestion; run thru the device maintenance operations, then restart. I noticed that it seems to run a bit better after shutting down the programs that are running in the background. I found a few YouTube videos that guided me thru the various procedures. I think I would join in a suit against Samsung. It would get world press, raise awareness to prospective customers, and could compel samsung into resolving the problem as well as not repeating them.

Highlighted
Navigator
Thanks for that. I've just done and very happy again. Oreo forever baby. LOL
First Poster
So how do you revert back to Oreo? Do I have to do as factory restore?
Pathfinder

No it's a bit more involved, you have to track down and download the correct version of firmware for your carrier and region then use a program called Odin to reinstall it. 

Pathfinder

@Zandi wrote:

Hi,

I have an S9+. I would like to know if the camera will be restored to its original features. The current state of the camera after the recent android update is appalling, specifically pertaining to features that have been deleted for no reason, such as beauty mode. Please advise on whether we will get this back, as I am thinking of returning this phone and opting for another brand.

Top right there's a wand thing, press that, it's in there somewhere. 

Someone just posted about that today on a Facebook group 

Navigator

I've noted how the updated Samsung email removes the interaction with a non Samsung theme to be dark. Once updated it's permanently white, or dark if you use dark mode in Pie. But for me on Oreo, I'll hold off updating that too so I can enjoy the dark theme. 

Navigator

I came across this today, it appears that it is a bit easier than I had expected it to be. This guy appears to have it sorted.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz0UiXoXaV4

Navigator
Observer
Another issue with the themes is not every theme developer will update their theme to work well with the OS update. I paid for a theme I absolutely loved in March but now with the update some of the colours are off. In some places like the status bar, I can't see the icons because it's a white against a light grey. I can't read some of the text. Not getting rid of this theme anytime soon, but I'm just saying it's not a perfect solution.
Observer

I just upgraded also. It sucks. I have have old eyes the bright blue in the texting app is hideous and hurts my eyes... ican't find any way to change this.

Top Liked Authors