Support

Open search

S9 pie upgrade - Hate the new look

Apprentice

Oh wow, how did you do it?

Explorer

I followed these instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0qEM5j34QI&t=565s

I am a happy bunny now. 

Pathfinder

Before starting I'd recommend reading up on it, it is possible to get yourself in to a bumcheek clenching situation lol 

Be sure to get the proper firmware for your carrier and region too. If you look up what the firmware number means you'll find good explanations so you can search the correct thing. 

If you do get the blue screen of misery the solutions using Google are generally outdated too. 

Highlighted
Explorer
I fully echo Enjay statement.

I too was in a world of poo when I was doing the upgrade. I soft bricked my phone and only found out that the problem was done to me using the type C connector in a USB3 port. This is a no no... use a USB2 port.

Also, make sure you do your full research as I will not be held responsible if you poo up your phone.. nor will Samsung as I think they will not be best pleased.

Having said that, the Rom is official Samsung OS in all its Oreo beauty and glory.
Pathfinder

Same here, I got mine back into download mode while still connected to the pc and was then able to flash properly. 

Explorer

Now I'm being pushed to update to Pie. LOL

Hopefully , I can pause the update indefinitely. 

Observer
So on the same page with why the clock has switched sides. Icons are way too big. My headphones don't allow me to control anything unless the app is open and whyy on the message screen is there that huge "no new message" box. So many dislikes in vexted samsung.
Explorer

Something is terrible wrong. Since the update my phone is just performing bad! Freezing,  slow, battery discharge, fixing everything or adding. Who someone here said or mention a class action lawsuit?  This is really bad. Is a phone that does not work at all! Unbelievable they dare to do this stunt!

Pathfinder

@Moyah8 wrote:

Now I'm being pushed to update to Pie. LOL

Hopefully , I can pause the update indefinitely. 

Did you switch off all the auto system update including in developer options? 

You can also turn off the notification but can't remember how off hand 

Navigator

I did switch it off in developer options on the note 8, so far so good. Not so good for the note 9 however, I did not think Samsung would commit larceny  so it rests in the box it came in.

Top Liked Authors