Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 notification bar randomly swiping down

(Topic created on: 23-02-2020 08:27 AM)
Luau
Student
Options

Over the past 2 days my s9 has become unusable. I can't use my phone without the notification screen from the top randomly flashing up and covering my screen. I don't have a screen protector on and my phone hasn't been dropped. These are the things I've tried:-

* Phone case (same with or without)

* Cleaned screen

* Safe mode (still does it)

Can anyone help or is my phone for phone heaven?

Thank you. 

12 REPLIES 12
AndrewL
Options
@Luau: When the notification panel appears, are you able to swipe it away? If you dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad, select 'Touch' from the on-screen options and draw a line through all the squares, do you encounter any issues?
0 Likes
Luau
Student
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
@Luau: When the notification panel appears, are you able to swipe it away? If you dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad, select 'Touch' from the on-screen options and draw a line through all the squares, do you encounter any issues?

I have to click "clear" to get it off and it sometimes pops straight back down. I barely have to touch the screen for it to do it. I've just attached a screenshot from the "touch" menu. I can't draw on the top line. 

Thank you for commenting :smiling-face:

Screenshot_20200223-133342_HwModuleTest.jpg

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Luau: Thanks for checking that for me. Based on the results of the touch screen test I recommend visiting an authorised Support Centre, where an engineer can inspect the device for you. To find your nearest one please check the link below, select 'Mobile Device' and enter your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/
0 Likes
pam0407_ap
First Poster
Options

This just started happening on my S9 plus today

0 Likes
NotWright
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue 

HELP

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Hey all, 

If you've tried the steps above, we'd advise the same thing.

Check your repair options here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/mobile-device/

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Jarrod
Student
Options

not sure if it helps or not, but I have an A21 with the same issue. I finally turned the auto rotate off and I haven't had the issue since.  For what it's worth

Ghost6
First Poster
Options
I am having the same issue last 2 days also on galaxy fold 2
0 Likes
Ghost6
First Poster
Options
Brand new phone ... never dropped
0 Likes